Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tournament update

The War Is Over!
Martial artist from all over Michigan, Ohio, and as far away as Maryland swarmed on the town of Wixom Michigan ready for war and prepaired for battle. Even the teenage mutant ninja turtles and the pink power ranger got in on the act. When the smoke cleared and the battle was over the flag of the Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society flew proudly we had some champions!

After the judges meeting the pre tournament festivities took place. First Young Colt Dougherty of the academy of martial arts and self defense, under the direction of Mr Daniel Allen and Master hayme serrato of Grand Blanc Michigan, ( Colt only ten years old ) did a spectactular breaking demo.

next Grand Master Bobby Bell of the tornado school of martial arts in Detroit Mi took the floor dressed in complete warrior battle armour and performed an unforgetable demo to the cheering crowd.

Next came the call for all to line up, then the call for all masters and grand masters to come to the front and take thier places. There wasnt an empty seat at the masters table.

Miss Cassie DeLashmit sang our national anthem.

Next came the awards presentations. Awards were presented to the following legends of martial arts Grand Master Jae Joon Kim WMDKTSDF
Grand Master Robert (Bobby) Bell shotokan / jujitsu
Grand Master Willie Adams Isshinryu
Grand Master Dale T. Drouillard First American Black belt in Tang Soo Do.
The late Grand Master Edward C. Ormanian Tang Soo Do.
Im glad I was not the MC for I would never of gotten the words out. Emotions took over the room. Grand master ormanian was our friend, our teacher, our grand Master, Accepting the award was Master Rod Pfander of the korean karate academy standing by were masters tim varga and Master Tom Clinton.
The flash of the camera's by the many photographers along with the cheering applause of the crowd were overwhelming. These men were / are true legends of martial arts.

let the games begin!
Now came the call to the rings! the competitors took the floor or I should say the field. My students included along with the many schools who came to support the War! Miranda and Leo StAmour stole the show taking home several trophies and stole my heart along with the show. This brother and sister team are what martial arts are all about. They are the most well mannered kids I've ever seen and know their stuff too. We are proud of our own students who faired well bringing home many trophies after being up against some tough competition. Congratulations to Morgan Plowdan who took home Grand Chapmpion black belt sparring cash prize along with grand champion trophy. Her fellow team mate from Plowdens Martial Arts Ski took the mens Grand Champion trophy and cash prize. In the Masters empty hand forms competition, Master Tom Clinton performed Chil sung 3 and Master Tim Varga did a beautiful performance of Chilson but this division was tough. Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society Member, Master Glenn Miller of Maryland did an amazing perfomance of O sip sa bo and Master Kevin Johannes of task karate did a traditional Kata that brought a cheer from the crowd but the last one up was Master Shewsbury from Ohio who performed an unbeatable Tiger form taking first place with a score of all nines. I had luch with Master Seung Jeong Ahn of Ann Arbor Tae Kwon Do, Master Bobby Bell my best friend from the Tornado School of Karate, Master Birch of the World Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Federation and Mr. David Berry of Christian Hand Way Martial Arts. It was a pleasure to spend time with these men. I apologize that I kept getting called away from my lunch. Special thank to World Champion Adam Lux for his excellent assisting with judging and Master Haymie Serrato who did the same along with Master Bill Church our Master of Ceremonies who made sure the day ran smoothly. You can bet your life there will be a War on the Floor 2!!!

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society

Re: Tournament update

Thank you Master Dave for the kind words about our students Leo and Miranda. We are proud of the high standards and etiquette that all of our students display, but it is nice to be noticed by others, especially an esteemed Grandmaster such as yourself. Now that we've seen what it's all about, we will be there to support your May tournament with a lot of competitors this time!
Kyo Sa Watson

Martial Art Style TSD

Re: Re: Tournament update

Is there a website with photos of the tournament?

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: Re: Tournament update

Hi Melanie

The photos will be on my website soon as we can get them all developed and placed on there. Im still recovering from the madness lol. The tournament was a complete success and a positive experience for all and in the spirit of Tang Soo Do and all martial arts. I want to rename Michigan
KARATE TOWN!
I like that.
Stayed tuned for WAR ON THE FLOOR 2
Comming this spring!
My website is www.michigantsd.com
Regards,
GM Zacker

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society

Congratulations on the successful conclusion of your first War on the Floor!

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

do you have a picture of Bobby El