Return to Website

When Steel Talks

Welcome to the Pan Forum... Everything related to the steel pan will be discussed here... The Voice of the Pan instrument as interpreted through the Pan players, arrangers, tuners, and you, the Pan Lover  as you meet and greet right here in the Pan Forum! This is your very own Panyard where you all can share thoughts, ideas, experiences and information. This Pan Forum is the place where your informative exchanges are setting the scene for Pans acclaimed recognition, on the world stage! Everyone is welcome! Big and small Give your views, share it all!

When Steel Talks
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panyard Jams

I have been visiting the different panyards this summer and I have been noticing some strange happenings. First, why does all the steelbands hold their panjams on the same sunday? The pan community is very small so it is hard to divide your time among the steelbands. Also, each is charging an entrance price. So. you have to be prepared to pay fof each visit on the same day. Aslo, because some of the steelbands are not getting permission to go late, the music is stopped before 11 pm. Last night I was at marsicans and the police stopped the music at 10:45 pm. I thing it is irresponsible to have people pay to see a show and then the show is stopped before it is supposed to end. If the steelbands know that they cannot go till midnight then it is only fair that they start their panjams before 6 pm. I mean the steelbands should be playing by 6 pm. Is this too much to request of our steelbands? The steelband base will never grow if this type of behavior continues. Is it any wonder that more people do not come out to support the steelbands? I mean I am a panjumbie and I am getting ready to give them a break. Mr. Panist and Ms. panist get serious about the art form or you will stay where you are and that is not a joke. Another thing is that the drinks keep increasing. Steelbands you are killing the goose that is laying the eggs. Now we have two Panoramas. What is going on? The steelband public is too small to divide the audiences like this. Can't we see that this will kill the enthuiasm of audiences. PANISTS WAKE UP!!!!

Re: Panyard Jams

I found this to be a very bad weekend for pan... There really isn't any need for there to be multiple pan events at the same time... There has to be more communication between the bands...

pan reason

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have been visiting the different panyards this summer and I have been noticing some strange happenings. First, why does all the steelbands hold their panjams on the same sunday? The pan community is very small so it is hard to divide your time among the steelbands. Also, each is charging an entrance price. So. you have to be prepared to pay fof each visit on the same day. Aslo, because some of the steelbands are not getting permission to go late, the music is stopped before 11 pm. Last night I was at marsicans and the police stopped the music at 10:45 pm. I thing it is irresponsible to have people pay to see a show and then the show is stopped before it is supposed to end. If the steelbands know that they cannot go till midnight then it is only fair that they start their panjams before 6 pm. I mean the steelbands should be playing by 6 pm. Is this too much to request of our steelbands? The steelband base will never grow if this type of behavior continues. Is it any wonder that more people do not come out to support the steelbands? I mean I am a panjumbie and I am getting ready to give them a break. Mr. Panist and Ms. panist get serious about the art form or you will stay where you are and that is not a joke. Another thing is that the drinks keep increasing. Steelbands you are killing the goose that is laying the eggs. Now we have two Panoramas. What is going on? The steelband public is too small to divide the audiences like this. Can't we see that this will kill the enthuiasm of audiences. PANISTS WAKE UP!!!!