Return to Website

When Steel Talks

Welcome to the Pan Forum... Everything related to the steel pan will be discussed here... The Voice of the Pan instrument as interpreted through the Pan players, arrangers, tuners, and you, the Pan Lover  as you meet and greet right here in the Pan Forum! This is your very own Panyard where you all can share thoughts, ideas, experiences and information. This Pan Forum is the place where your informative exchanges are setting the scene for Pans acclaimed recognition, on the world stage! Everyone is welcome! Big and small Give your views, share it all!

When Steel Talks
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
loooking for a pan composer for my film

I have just completed production of my Trinidadian-Canadian fictional feature film "Finder of Lost Children" and am looking for a visionary pan composer to create a score for this special film. Some brief information on the project can be seen at http://www.finderoflostchildrenmovie.com

regards
ricardo scipio
writer/director

Pioneering Filmmaker Ricardo Scipio completes Production of his third Feature Film.

Vancouver, BC, CANADA - Ricardo Scipio, ground breaking director and writer of “When” and “Watershed”, has completed shooting his third film “Finder of Lost Children” in Vancouver, BC. Touching on a personal experience of Scipio’s, Finder of Lost Children follows two half sisters on a journey across Canada in the effort to weave together fragments of a family neither had known existed. The death of their father Thomas opens the film and ultimately leads Maye to search out and find a half sister she has never met, Angie. The story then examines the relationship of the two women and portends of their personal journey to both locate and introduce their fathers many “lost children”.

Set in the Caribbean community of Canada, this film is poised to capture the Caribbean Diaspora and platform it poignantly with unique, multi-layered, provocative characters and a hard hitting and almost painfully honest storyline.

“The surface hasn't even been close to being scratched as far as the stories that can and should be told about the Caribbean Diaspora. The Caribbean experience is far too rich and profound not to find a more prominent place in the film industry. To me this story embodies all that's good and bad, beautiful and ugly in our world culture. It's the perfect starting point to making challenging personal films.” states Scipio.

The overwhelming response to this film pre-production has warranted the creation of a book of true stories to complement the film. “I found in the sharing of my ideas for this film and my own personal experiences that I was met with overwhelming first hand accounts of the same genre from many people with very different backgrounds. I found myself surprised by the resounding personal familiarity people had to my films key issues, with this film I have touched on a social norm that has so far only been whispered about.”