Return to Website

Serena's Family Tree Message Forum

This message forum is for your use to help in researching similar surnames, areas, migration, etc. Please use this new forum and have fun!

Serena's Family Tree Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Valentine

I found your webpage through rootsweb.com and noticed you have a lot of info on the Valentine family, going back to Thomas Tyler Valentine. Have you found anything before him, ie father or mothers names, original country they were from?

I'm also trying to see where there may have been a Valentine married to a Native American (Cherokee). I've been unable to find any link at all.

Thank you so much!

I am a descendant of Thomas Tyler (you happen to have me as a living relative :-) on your listing)

Re: Valentine

I am also a descendant of Thomas Tyler Valentine. I have information concerning a Valentine being married to a full blood Cherokee Indian. Her name was Minnie Fite. She was an orphan raised by Robert and Molly Underwood.She and James Price Valentine were married on June 14,1891. The record of their mariage was certified by the Yell County Clerk, William R. Hayden on Page 552 of Book F of the county marriage records. James Price Valentine, was the brother of my great-grandmother, Mary Isabel Valentine. Hope this is what you were looking for. I would appreciate any information that you have on the Valentine and Jestice family.

Re: Re: Valentine

I found a bit more information on Minnie Fite, but nothing that confirms that she was Cherokee. If my findings are correct, the lineage goes back to Vogt from Germany.
I also could not find the parents of Thomas Tyler Valentine either. Seems like the lineage stops in North Carolina. I'm curious as to which country our family came in from, ie. England, Germany, etc.
Do you have more information on either?
Thank you for responding!
Evelyn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am also a descendant of Thomas Tyler Valentine. I have information concerning a Valentine being married to a full blood Cherokee Indian. Her name was Minnie Fite. She was an orphan raised by Robert and Molly Underwood.She and James Price Valentine were married on June 14,1891. The record of their mariage was certified by the Yell County Clerk, William R. Hayden on Page 552 of Book F of the county marriage records. James Price Valentine, was the brother of my great-grandmother, Mary Isabel Valentine. Hope this is what you were looking for. I would appreciate any information that you have on the Valentine and Jestice family.

Re: Re: Re: Valentine

I have not been able to find anymore information on Thomas Tyler Valentine. I do remember my mother saying that they were German. I am curious as to your connection to Thomas Tyler. You mentioned that I had you listed as a living relative. There are so many I have no way of knowing the connection. My great- grandmother, Mary Isabel Valentine, was the daughter of Benjamine Valentine and Sarah Welch. She married my great-grandfather, James H. Jestice. They died in 1941 as the result of a car accident. Please let me know of any information that you are abel to find. Thanks, Carolyn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Valentine

I have a correction as to the date of death of Mary Isabel Valentine Jestice. She died on Nov. 6, 1940 in Russellville, Pope County, Arkansas as the result of a car accident. Her husband, James H. Jestice, died on Nov. 26, 1940. They were in the same accident, but family members say "he died of a broken heart after her death." My grandfather, their son, was William Henry Jestice.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Valentine

My great-grandparents were James Price and Minnie Eliza Valentine. My grandparents were Milas Leonard and Ella Mae Valentine. My parents are Eugene Leroy Sterud and Mary Magdalene Valentine.

I still have not been able to find any more info on Thomas Tyler. Also, the Cherokee part is still under research...but nothing absolute yet! lol

If you find anything more, please let me know.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have not been able to find anymore information on Thomas Tyler Valentine. I do remember my mother saying that they were German. I am curious as to your connection to Thomas Tyler. You mentioned that I had you listed as a living relative. There are so many I have no way of knowing the connection. My great- grandmother, Mary Isabel Valentine, was the daughter of Benjamine Valentine and Sarah Welch. She married my great-grandfather, James H. Jestice. They died in 1941 as the result of a car accident. Please let me know of any information that you are abel to find. Thanks, Carolyn