Return to Website

JeepSpeed East Forums Board

To discuss Jeepspeed East races, rules, build ups, exchange helpful info, a place for club members to chat.

JeepSpeed East Forums Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MSD Blaster 2 ignition coil from Rusty's Offroad

I ordered this coil that Rusty's said it replaces stock coil, simple bolt-on. I have a 1992 XJ 4.0L inline 6. The stock is a square shaped coil with and see no way of attaching the MSD coil in the stock location. Am I missing something? Rusty's did not inform me of the coil bracket for universal mounting which I think I need in order to bolt on it to the stock location, but the coil has 2 screw terminals that no way resembles the stock. The only thing that looks like it attaches normally is the plug to the distributor. Can I use this MSD coil? It is the cylinder type. My stock is square with just 2 connectors. The MSD coil coil has 3 connectors. Could someone help? Did Rusty's lie to me? I specifically asked it it mounts directly to stock location and they said yes.

Re: MSD Blaster 2 ignition coil from Rusty's Offroad

Did you get a chance to see the reply from JeepSpeed on there board? Talk to Rusty if he is not available Tony is pretty knowledgeable. If you need me to talk with Rusty I will need more information on your order and application, I will then be able to help you with the installation. I am sure that it would be a misunderstanding and not a lie, we can clear it up I'm sure.

Jack