Return to Website

JeepSpeed East Forums Board

To discuss Jeepspeed East races, rules, build ups, exchange helpful info, a place for club members to chat.

JeepSpeed East Forums Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: race prep status

When is a good time?
I can help out with Rally sprints if needed.
I have the stem type front shocks. Rubber bushing would be good for now if I dont get the polyurethane in time.

Thanks

race prep status

Hey Florencio,

Rusty's is usually fairly good about parts and is very fast to resolve any problems. However with all after-market or redesigned parts you should not assume that installation will be seamless. Regardless of the supplier, I'd say that 70% of the time, at least some convincing is necessary to install the part. Oversized bolts, larger parts and unforeseen differences between model years are common causes.

Preparing for the race...
I wouldn't put too much off till the last minute preparing for the race. Nothings worse than trying to install parts at 1:00 am the night before the race, it truly sucks and takes it's toll on how you run the race the next day. From experience I would separate out the "wants" and the "needs" and plan to complete items you NEED to race at least 2-3 days ahead of time. This way if any problems arise you still have some time to fix it.

Jack and I are happy to help you out at the race but I'd hate to see you not able to run because you needed a $3 part! As far as I know there isn't any auto parts stores out there, especially on the weekend.

My 2 cents...
Unless your tires are over 31" you don't need extended bump stops. From reading you're past posts, I would say that the steering stabilizer is the most import part. Due to the high speed nature of the race, the stabilizer takes most of the abuse and the steering brace would be secondary (I've been racing without a brace and haven't had any problems).

I don't want to tell you what you should or shouldn't do to your racer, after all that's half the fun of racing... to make it your own!!!
I just wanted to offer some tips from my experiences and make sure you can concentrate on the race rather than the vehicle.

Good luck, see you this weekend!
-Rick