Return to Website

JeepSpeed East Forums Board

To discuss Jeepspeed East races, rules, build ups, exchange helpful info, a place for club members to chat.

JeepSpeed East Forums Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 wheelers good deeds

Hello, My name is Ben Roberts

I am trying to compile a few articles on what fellow off roaders have done to help the environment, there local trails, and community. I have been stoned and scolded daggers thrown and everything else just because I drive a big bad jeep. It could be anything from a toys for tots run, pics and stories of a trail clean up, maybe a story on some trail repair. Or maybe even a son or daughter that planted a tree on arbor day. If someone could send them to me. It would be greatly appriciated, or if you know where I could look or someone else that I should talk to. Thanks in advance for you help. Too the future of off roading! You can send it to justjeep@ourtownusa.net Thank you!

Re: 4 wheelers good deeds

Hey Ben,

The other week I swerved out of the way of a pedestrian, that's a humanitarian effort isn't it?

I don't know if this qualifies but a very good friend of mine is paraplegic. His sister's new house is at the top of a long steep stairway. We put the Jeep in 4-low and drove him up the hill behind the house so he could see her new place.

Jeep = Handicapped accessible

Rick,
JeepSpeed East / SCCA RallyCross

Re: 4 wheelers good deeds

Ben, check out Wastedtrails.com, there's 2 articles on recent toys for tots runs in Pa. One in Johnstown,Pa. and the other at Paragon Adventure Park.

Doug