Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Response Tahoes?????

Ok.....so I just paid 26.95 plus shipping for the MA State Police FR Tahoe..... All I can say is WTF?? Aside from accurate paint and light bar it has the same heft and quality as a Welly..... In fact Welly has more..... No opening doors, hood, trunk, etc.....

It's quite surprising as I also got a VA Crown Vic and that maintained all the opening features but the front axle is still as flimsy as the first model.

Not a slam, just stating my opinion. I do feel ripped off with the Tahoe..... Not worth the money in the least.

The Crown Vic, yest the details and features are there but don't expect a car that you can roll.....

Re: First Response Tahoes?????

I think you answered your own question regarding the opening features. The single casting ends the QC problems which hamper most diecast that have opening features in 1/43 scale. Not many 1/43 companies have the opening doors and hoods these days, even the real expensive ones such as Minichamps.

I agree.....from a QC perspective, the Tahoe has less to go wrong and is the nicer of the 2 models--it was the price point that got me.

Side note, I noticed the crown vic has it's drivers side mirror missing--noting suggests one was even put in the hole.

I doubt it, but anyone have and extra drivers side mirror for a FR CV?

Let me know.

Thanks!

I would contact FRR via the website. The parts department is pretty large for Crown Vic.

Thanks. Just emailed them as they didn't have mirrors on parts list.

JA

Brother, I had a look and the side mirrors are there on the 2nd last page of the parts section.

Thanks....can't send them an email bc their mailbox is "temporarily full". So I did find them. Ordered 1 for 25 cents.....and the shipping is $6.95. Needless to say, I did not place the order. Common sense says you can drop that in an envelope with a first class stamp. If I broke the mirror I may be more receptive, but the fact that it was never on model in first place, I feel someone at FR, assuming I can get a hold of them, will mail me a mirror.

JOHN - FRR is great about sending replacement parts. Send me an email and i will send you an alternate contact email for them. Jeff sales@policecarmodels.com

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)