Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am interested in getting the original ATEV Club back up and running

I am very interested in offering my time to try and get the original ATEV (American To Emergency Vehicle Club)back up and running. I feel that this was and still could be a great way for collectors to communicate with each other and to find out information on what is still being manufactured and who has what for sale or who is looking for what.

I am interested to getting some feedback to help me make my final decision as to whether it or not it would be worth the effort in working on getting the club back active. Any response will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from my fellow collectors real soon.

Re: I am interested in getting the original ATEV Club back up and running

I think it's a great idea. I check this site everyday and see nothing posted for weeks. I always enjoyed the tips a the info on new items coming out. However after 35 years of collecting and 600 die cast models later I no longer am an active collector. BUT I do enjoy the kitbash photos and all the other things related to the hobby. ATEV has been good to me in selling off my collection - I have helped some of you add to your collections and not a bad deal in the entire group.

Re: I am interested in getting the original ATEV Club back up and running

As the board "owner" I have mixed feeling about a "club" My first is the amount of work it takes to maintain such a club. The second is financial. Truly once you begin charging dues, etc it really does become a business. I think get together are great. No need for accolades etc. This is what used to happen. We got together at events or had ad hoc events regionally. Examples were Firehouse in Baltimore, FDIC in Indy and I think there were a few west coast meets as well.

What I would like to see is more postings. I read often that people check in but do not post. This is a board that had always been about all emergency vehicles in all scales. I moderate the MCCH emergency section. But essentially that is for 3" Matchbox size models. I also belong to Fire Engines dot net. But that is mainly a modeling/kitbashing board by interest if not by design. I in no way want this to be a competing board. There is enough room for everyone.

I know I nearly killed the board a while back when I locked it down. But I felt it needed to be done. As for long lost friends and contributors, it pains me that people I have broken bread with no longer get along. However, they are welcome here if they can be civil. Both in the tone of the posts and to each other. This board was always a little bit Wild West. But anarchy doesn't work. So I am open to suggestions. But in my heart I think many have visions beyond the realities, at least at this time. So to start off, share your collections, etc.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)