CT MG: MGA
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Replacement muffler recommendations
It appears the packing in my performance muffler may be shot. Does anyone have recommendations on replacement mufflers? It appears going through Moss that they want to sell the full setup, but I only need the muffler. Other websites are showing mufflers on backorder....
Views: 33   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2023 2:04pm
by Karen Peacock
MGAs to photograph
Hello Members, I need some MGAs to photograph. I am presenting a talk at the NEMGT Kimber Fest in April and would like to photograph one or two of each model for the slight differences between them, especially the grille and the tail lights. Also, I know there are n...
Views: 76   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2023 5:40pm
by Ed Cooke
Vacuum Advance unit install
We are trying to install a vacuum advance in the MGA; it was not installed by the mechanic who worked on the car prior to when I took possession of the car in 2016. I do not know if it was present when the car last ran in the '70s. We have the new part. Does anyone k...
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2021 6:27am
by Karen Peacock
MGB disc brakes on MGA 1500
Has anyone done the conversion of the 1500 coupe to MGB dis brakes? Beyond the aluminum conversion plates, what else is to be considered?
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2020 4:56pm
by Bill Wright
k
Karen
Oil filter
Hi, I'm going to change the oil this weekend and the last time I did so I forgot to note which filter I needed in the future. Can anyone provide the part number? It needs to be a spin-on type.
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 10, 2019 5:40am
by MARVIN STUART
Door gasket for coupe
Does anyone have the British connection for the door rubber and fur trim that runs around the door. I know Clarke Spares has it fo $220 but I also heard that it can be bought directly from the mother country at much less.
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 8, 2019 3:09pm
by Bill Wright
Free set of 48 spoke wheels
I have a used set of 48 spoke wheels free for the taking. Great for spares or if you are going for the concours car!
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2019 1:28pm
by Bill Wright
k
Karen
Leaking rear driver-side hub
It appears I have a damaged rear driver hub which is causing a nasty oil leak and likely some brake damage. Dave Icaza replaced the rear passenger hub for me last summer and locating one was a challenge for him. Does anyone have one I could buy? I would also be appre...
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 9, 2018 2:17pm
by Jim
Fender splash guards
I am looking for a set of front inner fender splash guard and rear fender splash guards that go in front of the rear tire. They never came back from my body shop. Let me know if you have a set or a single one for sale. Cheers.
Views: 191   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2018 6:58pm
by Bill Wright
k
Karen
Replacement seals for original aluminum side curtains?
I asked Moss Motors about replacement seals for the aluminum side curtains and their salesman told me that the seals will not work on original side curtains, only the replacement side curtains they're selling.....has anyone had any luck getting those seals to work on...
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 2, 2017 2:38pm
by Karen
Free Forum powered by Bravenet