Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CODE 3 COLLECTIBLES - NO SHOW @ FDIC

To the doomers and gloomers. Orlando and Jewell were not "let go". Orlando left to pursue other career opportunities. He didnt hide it, he shared it with folks that he knew wouldnt use it to gain entry to the doom and gloom squad. Why Jewell is no longer at Code 3 isnt any concern of any of you, and if she wanted you all to know why she is no longer at Code 3, either her or Glenn would tell you. I suspect they dont want to come to a public doom and gloom forum and share their personal lives with you. The folks that do know why, out of respect, keep it to themselves. Jeeze, give it a rest. Scott went public and shared his thoughts on Code 3's upcoming season and for a few weeks, that seemed to hold off the doom and gloom. Now its back. Code 3 has a pretty ambitious plan for model release's this year, and if its so bad that you see them closing the doors, at least they go out on top, selling out 1500 piece runs two days after they announce them, without the general public getting a chance to grab them up. Thats some doom and gloom I would like a piece of. With each doom and gloom forcast, Code 3 comes out with something new, and blows the forcast out of the water, time and time again. You doom and gloomers should get embarassed by being wrong time and time again, but I guess you dont. Give it a rest.
Here's an original thought. Code 3 doesnt need trade shows, fancy catalogs, or the cost of printing a newsletter and mailing it. They have the greatest marketing tool available anywhere in the world, right at their fingertips. Its called their website. They have all of the R&D they need, all of the sales stratagies they need, all of their feedback forums, and all of the sales predictions they need right there. Think about this for a moment. They lose money selling to Westchester and Pasttime. They dont even need a dealer network. They can do it all on the internet, and it saves them money.
Code 3 is heading in the right direction for them. All internet based sales and marketing. Its working, and its working well. At one time, they did need to attend trade shows and get their name out. But now a days, they sell out production runs before the general public gets a chance to even see them. Not bad for a company that is predicted to fold almost once a week. Some pure genious went in to Code 3 and its web based following. Ya gotta love that......

Thanks Rich!

Anybody see their Fire Apparatus Journal yet ?
Take a look in the scale model section and see if you can find Code 3 releases..

Larry,

I hope so. Code 3 is a very important company when it comes to emergency diecast vehicle collectors.

I have an idea. Lets start a thread to publicly point out and humiliate the collectors (constant posters) who get it wrong week after week, month after month, year after year. There doesn't seem to be any shame about pointing out when Code-3 does something wrong, yet I have never seen anybody who had their "for sure" prediction proven wrong, step up and admit they were wrong. It must be nice to be perfect like some of you folks think you are. I know the people on this board who are "truly" in the know and they are usually pretty quiet because they are professionals and have been around. I can't wait for Code-3 to release their little shovel and bucket so the rest of the children out there can go back to having fun in their sandbox.

Why don't we wait till the end of the year before we put Code 3 in the grave.What little faith people have. They are a company like any other and found it was time to reel in all the free spending.They are part of a bigger company, Funrise which is in the toilet in terms of products and sales and the belt needed to be tightened.There will be a few surprises this year and I think people will change their minds.Lots of big Companies cut costs and still go on.

Kenneth,

Where do you get your information that Funrise is in trouble? All of the information I have read concerning Funrise is that it is in good shape.

Thanks
Jeff

Trade shows and trade news. look up some of there other products. They are not selling well. Hence the
trimming of excess pork.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)