Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Master Certificate for Sale!

Hey come to ebay and get your master certificate , the guy will even fill it out with your name. gee and I've been trying to do it the hard way

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=37793&item=5200650076&rd=1

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Master Certificate for Sale!

Darn it all! And I paid 300 dollars to the Black Belt Bureau (you all can do it to and get a black belt) for my Dan ranking...and this is even better presently going for $26.

Just joking about the Black Belt Bureau thingy...just not sure who would buy something like this...for those in the know it would be found out to be a fraud reasonably quickly with some checking, be surprised how small the Martial Arts world can be...for those that aren't (dont check credentials) Power Point and an Ink Jet printer is just as deceiving :)

Re: Re: Master Certificate for Sale!

The same guy is selling a dan certificate from hwang kee , kjn . What a pig !

David

He should burn all the blank certificates he has left. And who is this Grand Master who has his chop on it? would he be from the KTMS ? or another MDK off shoot?

B

Re: Re: Master Certificate for Sale!

Who would buy these? The same dirt bags that go around telling people they were SEALS. They hang them up in their living room and admire themselves in the mirror the would not make a pimple on a SEALS or Masters arse.
On the W-S site their was a link to veriSEAL outing people who claim to be X-SEALS.

Tang Soo
MB

Having Been a part of an elite military unit myself I am for outing all those who claim falsely to be a part of an elite military unit!

Imagine if everyone tried to ride on the fact that they were a part of the elite JAG corp, claimed any little ole scar on their fingertip was a wound recieved while attempting to hurriedly file petitions, motions and other dangerous court records before some court imposed deadline!

It was rough, occasionally I had to sit for hours in the same air conditioned office!!!

Seriously however, I am in full agreement some things are earned. And the sad part to all of this is that many of those that wish to falsely claim to be Seals or so forth do so because they know and understand what an honorable thing it is to serve our nation in such a manner and when they buy such a certificate it is because they are trying to get the respect of someone who has worked hard and sacrificed. These are small people, and I have met many of them. I have met people that went from 5th Gup Green to 9th Degree Black Belt in a year, I had one of my students leave as a 4th Gup (after telling him he either worked harder or left) and come back in about 4 months to show me his 2nd Degree Black Belt given to him in Tae Kwon Do by an instructor I feel has either set the bar incredibly low or is just out there for money "because that is where his skills were and that is how much he improved in 4 months." It makes me disgusted, and at the same time makes me realize and understand frauds and charlatans have been, are and unfortunately will continue to be. When they surface I let everyone know when I discover them in my circles and we have nothing to do with them. To help, associate or assist them in anyway only adds legitimacy to their fraud and helps them defraud some unsuspecting person who has a legitimate interest in learning a Martial Art. And that hurts us all, and I do not know about you guys...but having invested 28 years of my life into this thing...it really bothers me to sometimes have to repair injuries done to students by cracker jack black belts, learners of lost arts, former Israeli Commandos, Navy Seals and ULTRA - DELTA Force Hand to Hand Tactics and JEDI Knights galore. Some of it are the students, they are so clueless when they start...they don't know enough often to even check our credentials. Let your students know, so if they move or leave you...that it is ok to ask for verification, references and so on and to tell their interested friends that want to join that it is ok. Yeah, they might get fooled by this or that certificate, but they also might take it one step past the certificate and make a call and find out whether your certificate matches up to the Federations records. Of this, I have no problem as I know the rest of the instructors here certainly must not.

So I don't get outted myself...I embellished my service a little, if anyone here has ever been stationed at Fort Drum...you know there is no such thing as air conditioning in the land of the Frozen Chosen...but it sounded funnier to say :)

Forgive my embellishments, and as for the paper cut scars...while they took some time to get over all are now healed and the army in its wisdom gave no medals for them, reserving them I suspect for those that have made far greater sacrifices in the service of our nation.

All service to our country, whether logistics, support or on the front lines is honorable, but I think we can all agree that those that have chosen (we have an all volunteer force today) to actually put themselves into harms way for us deserve great respect and deserve to have those that pretend to have served so noblely exposed.

Jamie

Re: Re: Re: Master Certificate for Sale!

I actually know of a so-called 7th Dan that said he "tested" for 7th Dan on the phone! And got promoted by the end of the call! No lie....he is serious and now calls himself a 7th Dan in TSD.

Fort Drum, haha, my brother was stationed there, I went up a few times for visits, he was 82nd Airborne, then 10th mountain forward observer. **** that water is cold, crystal clear, but cold. haha, cool castle though.

b

Fort Drum, yeah, big stockpile of old tanks, thats all I remember about it.

Yep, the area around Drum is fantastic for the couple of months of summer, it is just the winter that kills you.

As for the tanks, yeah they sat their rusting the whole time, they belonged to some Guard units that never really took care of them. It really didn't matter to us, we were 10th Mountain light Infantry...for those of you that do not understand what Light Infantry means...it means you are going to march for real long distances carrying a lot of heavy stuff on your back. Light had nothing to do with it :)

Anyway, it was an experience that is for certain and I had some great times there, doing cross country skiing, repelling down cliffs, playing in the snow, playing war games and down hill skiing. By the way, while you were there...notice the distinct lack of anything resembling more than a large hill :) 10th Mountain Division stationed in a place with no Mountains...that always killed me