Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
seminar The HEART Of The HYUNG

This seminar is for anyone and everyone, student, instructor or master...if you teach or practice hyung of Tang Soo Do I urge you to attend. The seminar is a nine hour long training session on bunkai within our hyung..you WILL leave with a new apperication for this Living Art!

“Heart of the Hyung Seminar”

July 16, 2005

Michigan Tang Soo Do Karate & Fitness Center
Grand Master David A Zacker 8th Dan
1678 Fort Street
Lincoln Park MI 48146
(313) 671-2576
www.michigantsd.com

Special Guest Instructor:
Master Jay S. Penfil, 7th Dan

Introduction to: Bunkai, Henka and Oyo
as they apply to
martial arts Hyung/Kata

These Principles and Philosophies stem from the early Okinawan Master’s. When the Hyung/Kata were first developed, there were no “Belt Ranks, no “Tournaments”, just a need to defend ones life, loved one’s and property from those who would present a threat.

Based on Kyusho Jutsu and Tuite’ Jitsu, Bunkai, Henka and Oyo are the soul of our Hyung/Kata and should be known and understood by all Martial Artist’s.

This seminar is the first in an ongoing series intended to be presented on a quarterly basis. It is Master Penfil’s hope that the participants enjoy and appreciate the material presented, and choose to establish a long-term learning relationship with him…

Who is Master Jay S. Penfil? Master Penfil is, and has been a student of the Martial Arts for 33 years and is a Senior Student of GM Kim, Chung Il (Moo Duk Kwan Pin# 475). Master Penfil has extensively cross-trained in numerous Asian Martial Arts and holds 1st Dan rank in both, Isshinryu and Hakko-Ryu Ju Jutsu and has cross-trained extensively in Shotokan, Motobu-Ha ****o Ryu and Wing Chun Gung Fu. Master Penfil is a life long student of Asian Arts and brings a unique perspective to Tang Soo Do basics and forms.

Cost
Training Fee: $75 (Early Registration) $125.00 (At the door)
Registration available on line at www.michigantsd.com
All marital arts systems welcome.

For more information contact Grand Master Dave Zacker (Tmasblue7@aol.com) or (313) 671-2576 Cell
or, Master Jay S. Penfil (jaypenfil@sbcglobal.net ) or (248) 561-5700-Cell

Martial Art Style www.michigantsd.com

Re: seminar The HEART Of The HYUNG

Good LUck with your upcomming seminar Master Z,I will be meeting Master Penfil this weekend at the MGK summer camp in RI.

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: seminar The HEART Of The HYUNG

Thank you sir!
Master Penfil is a great guy...and knows his stuff
I hope you have a great time my friend! i so wish i were able to attend..please give my regards to KJN Ferraro..I have the utmost respect for him as a martial artist and a person.
Tang Soo!

Martial Art Style www.michigantsd.com