Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Karate:the art of "empty hand fighting" by Hidetaka Nishiyama & Richard C. Brown

I was going thru my boxes of MA related material , I'm working on the house and had to box alot up, anyway I was searching for my 1937 jujitsu manual for the police(which I found) but this book caught my eye and I sat down to reaquaint myself with it. I thought you might to check it out.

Karate:the art of "empty hand fighting"
by Hidetaka Nishiyama & Richard C. Brown

Published by: Charles E. Tuttle Co. Inc.
Copyright in Japan 1959 by Charles E. Tuttle Co. Inc.

LIbrary of Congress Catalogue Card No. 59-10409

------

My printing is 1966 twenty fifth printing 251pgs

The photos and explainations are exceptional in this book. almost every page had multiple high res b/w photography of Teruyuki Okazaki & Hirokazu kanazawa(back when it was an art) explaining every move, and all aspects of Karate, it was created to be the first total intro to Japanese Karate in English, . A great historic book for any one who likes to compare old and current technics, and is a fan of finely crafted hard covers, this one is manufactured in Japan and seems to be covered in burlap, so I figure it is hemp. great binding, for a thirty nine yr old book my copy is in fantastic shape.

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Karate:the art of "empty hand fighting" by Hidetaka Nishiyama & Richard C. Brown

Hi Bernard,
I also have this book. I was at a local used book store just yesterday in Ferndale, Michigan. They have a copy for sale. If anyone is interested in it, contact me and I'll go down and pick it up for you.

jaypenfil@sbcglobal.net
248-561-5700-cell

Have a great 4th of July...

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do