Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two New Redfields at Stamford Martial Arts

I am very happy to say that my son Bryon(9) and his cousin Robert(7) have had thier first week of Tang Soo Do, they are now calling themselves the "Karate Cousins" and make really good karate sound effects in my van on the way home,(kind of a wondertwins take off)they are very obviously very excited about being in class!!My thanks to Master Mc Guiness, he does an excellent job keeping the energy and class spirit high! he has made them comfortable in the studio and has manages to get them to push themselves like I have never seen!! I hope this is only the eginning for the both of them!

Tang Soo
b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Two New Redfields at Stamford Martial Arts

Way to go Bryon and Robert!
The journey for them has just begun. My sons started when they were very young. keep us posted bernard! my exsitement has lasted a long time! My hope is for Bryon and Roberts to last a lifetime!

Thanks Master Z, I hope they stick with it, time will tell. I told Bryon that I thought he was doing very well for only a few classes, he looks at me and rolls his eyes and says "well I've been watching you like since I was born" geez kids

b

Re: Re: Two New Redfields at Stamford Martial Arts

Both my sons started instruction in TSD at their fifth birthday. The oldest is now 18 and on his way to college this fall...as a 1st Degree Black.....The youngest , who is almost 11 and a 5th grader is a 2nd degree Red Belt. It has been one of my most gratifying experiences....watching them grow and become leaders both in and out of the Dojo.

It does however, create some very unique problems on the training floor. I can't be Dad...I'm Mr Weeks to them just as if we were NOT related. I have also found that proper delegation of authority works very well. I avoid situations before they exist, by having other Black Belts instruct my kids. This assures that they, my kids, will be instructed just as their instructors were!
It's been a nice ride.

Martial Art Style TSD...KickBoxing

Well it's been a quick 4 months but the boys have stuck it out so far!
Tonight was their Orange Belt Test! I was very proud of both of them, they and their new friend Tommy did a great job, Now Teagan wants to "maybe" come back to Tang Soo Do, we will see.

b