Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any tournaments around this fall??

the title says it all, any tournaments around this fall?? within drivin distance of the new england area??

Hyung Master

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Any tournaments around this fall??

Here's what I have so far, anyone else have a tournie I missed post it here!

July 24th, 2005
Fight for Cancer
Tropicana, Atlantic City, NJ
Grandmaster Dominick Giacobbe

Sept 30th-October 1st
New York State Classic, Endicott, NY
Rexer's Tang Soo Do Academy
American Tang Soo Do Assoc.
Master David Rexer

Oct, 2nd 2005
Cheezic Tang Soo Do,
CT Yankee National Championship
Holly Cross High School, Waterbuy CT
Grand Master Robert Cheezic

October, 22nd
Michigan Tang Soo Do,
1St Annual Open Martial Arts Championships
Rated BBB- Grand Master Dave Zacker
Saturday October, 22nd Total Sports Complex
30990 Wixom Rd Wixom Mi 48393

( Unsure of the Date this year, last yr was Oct)
North American Tang Soo Do Association
Greensburg , Pennsylvania
Master Peter Oien

MAster Jamie Yowell has a tournament coming in Arkansas too

Re: Re: Any tournaments around this fall??

Bernard,

Hey long time no see. I haven't been here in ages. Anyways, The tourny at Rexers, do you know if that is an open tourny? Can a TKD student attend/compete? It might help to say that I did TSD first

Thanks in advance,
Laurie

Hello Laurie,

I just got off the phone with Master Rexer, He is going to send out the tournament package to me right away. I asked him your question, and Master Rexer runs an Open Tournament, you are most certainly allowed. Here is Master Rexer's Web Site with tournament info and entree form.

Also Master Oien's (North American TSD Assoc.)Tournament info will be coming too, that one may be in Nov. in PA

Tang Soo!
b

Attention Jason! this will be a good tournament to hit before for Michigan!!

Thanks a bunch Barnard

Re: Re: Re: Any tournaments around this fall??

Hi Laurie
are you guys going to make it to Michigan?
Id love to see ya there!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any tournaments around this fall??

mr. redfield, what about the one upstate Ny we went to last year? october/november I think?

I have to check with Master Antonelli, but I didn't see it on the calendar.

b

oops, that last post was mine, I'm not at my computer

b

Below is from my earlier post, but it looks good this year, we have a few National Champions and maybe a world champ or two in NASKA coming and some AKA Champs have committed to come down from Chicago, I think it should be really competitive this year.

The Natural State Classic will be held in Jacksonville, Arkansas (Just outside of Little Rock) this October 8th, 2005. It is an open NASKA rated and AKA sanctioned event.

http://www.yowellkarate.com

If any of you are close by, I would love to have you, especially you Tang Soo Do artist. Teaching and being a student of Tang Soo Do it is always a special treat for me to meet other Tang Soo Do practitioners outside of the federation I belong to.

Also, Tang Soo Do usually does great at these type of events in whatever division or event the competitors choose to compete in.

If you would like flyers, more information, please let me know. You can contact me at james@afaftsd.com.

Also, if Master Penfil is out there...while this year is not good, might you be up for a seminar at a future event such as the Natural State Classic 2006? If so send me an email and give me your rates and requirements.

Jamie
Email: james@afaftsd.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any tournaments around this fall??

Master Dave,

I would love to come down for your tourny. But it's not possible I wanted to go to the TSD tourny in AC NJ (my home state), but I couldn't go there either Traveling is not likely for me this year. So I have to settle for NY tournies.

Thanks for the offer, though Tang Soo!
Laurie

Thanks Jamie,

I was going to post your info again since I put Mich in I figured Ark was as close to New England, LOL, but you beat me to it.

b

Thanks! I'll try to get to as many as I can. We'll have to plan a road trip to Michigan for that one and see Master Penfill!

For the competition on Oct 1st that's a sundday? Are you sure it isn't Saturday Oct 2?

Re: Re: Re: Any tournaments around this fall??

On that note if anyone is in my area and wants to get together and train (forms or sparring for tourements) just email me!

Mr. Thornhill,

Many events up north especially in the cities where manufacturing has been or still is a part of life, culturally have a lot of their events on Sunday as many people historically worked on Saturday.

In any event, where are you located. I would love to get together sometime if it is feasible.

Jamie

:) Yes, Arkansas is quite a jump from New England, but if anyone wants to come from that far away, let me know and I can try to help out.

We aren't the Battle of Atlanta or Diamond Nationals :) But it should be fun, and anyone coming from that distance I don't mind working with to help offset the costs a bit. I most definitely do not put the event on for the money and it never does my ulcer a lot of good :) I do it, because I love to meet fellow martial artists and when I compete I enjoy the competition so this is in a way my chance to sort of give back to the other competitors that make my experience enjoyable when I travel by putting on the best event I can each year.

Only drawback for me from a competition standpoint is now that the event is in the AKA Southern Division it means my competition gets an event each year that I cannot compete at!

Jamie

Thanks for the Great Boards Mr. Redfield.

Jamie,
Thank you for the invitation to have a seminar in your dojang. I will contact you on Monday to discuss the details.

We are in the process of setting up a seminar to be held in Arizona in September or October. The date is not set yet. I will post as soon as we have a solid date.

This will be the first of several in Arizona. We are looking at setting up a major seminar to be held in Sedona, Arizona in 12 to 15 months. As always, everyone will be welcome from every organization.

Jason, I’m looking forward to having you and Bernard as my guests when you come in for Grandmaster Zacker’s tournament!!!

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil
jaypenfil@sbcglobal.net

Thank you Sir,

We will be honored to be your Guests.

Tang Soo!

Bernard

Bernard,
The honor will be all mines...

Be sure to bring blank VHS tapes. We will have fun in my video library while you are here.

Will you be able to come in for more days then just the tournament? My classes are on Tuesday & Thursday evenings. If you could extend your trip for a couple of days it would be great to have you in class!!!

Keep me posted…

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

P.S. Please give Master McGuiness my regards.

Master Penfil

I contacted Sean and he'll ride up with myself and Bernard. I personally can stay Friday, Saturday and Sunday (I feel to sick to go to work already *cough*)

Jason,
I'll have just the right medicine for you to be all better (by Tuesday).

Have a great day,

Master Penfil

I believe that I heard the Hudson Valley NY Tournament will be in November?? does anyone have a date and location on that?

b