Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hudson Valley Tournament

I looked into the discussion board on the TSDMGK webpage and it seems that Master Antonelli's tournament will be taking place at the Casperkill County Club in Poughkeepsie, NY. The date should be November 12th, 2005.

Re: Hudson Valley Tournament

Thank you for your prompt response. I will go to the web page and check the dates and events schedule.

Martial Art Style Tang soo do

Re: Re: Hudson Valley Tournament

I'll be driving up or riding with Bernard

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

No problem Jason you in, Melanie you have a spot reserved, who else is coming in the Mystery Machine?

b

Mystery Machine! Very cool. I'll foot the gas bill....it's the least I can do. If you need forms Master B has some. I'll have to come back quickly to hapkido to seek some of Master Art's sparring guidance. Off on the happy trail we go!

Re: Re: Re: Hudson Valley Tournament

Mystery Machine? That sounds a bit scary! I better bring my life vest and enough sandwiches and Fanta! 4 weeks to go! Gotta work on that form! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

What do you mean scarey? That was a completely legal U-turn over the... umm never mind LOL

We Have to go to that restaurant with the talking buffalo heads and the racoons that pop up out of the barrells again!! that was tooo fun! what was it called?
The Buckaboo Saloon?? or something? Master Antonelli knows the name!

b

Drink Rolling Rocks too

Rolling Rock? oh yeah, beer colored water in a green bottle hmm, I'll pass.

No Apple-Martinis this year????????
Have to reconsider the trip......

PINE APPLE MARTINIS!!!!!
they were pineapple martinis from the big jar

hahahaha
b

Well tell me what to load up the cooler with then!

Re: Re: Re: Hudson Valley Tournament

Hmmm... I think we look pretty bad here...just for sake of good order THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP IS TO COMPETE AT THE TOURNAMENT!!!

Fruits / sandwiches, juices/ water/ gatoraid/ protien bars etc

OK,

I'm definately going to Master Antonelli's Tournament next Sat. I missed the one last sunday ,I came down with the worst cold Sat, it just came on quick throughout the day and I woke sunday weak and had the worst sore throat,( I almost went anyway but....) it's almost gone now, thankfully!

Who else is going?? After the tournie I'm going to that Buckaboo Saloon(or whatever its called) for Steak Dinner!! who's coming with me?

b

I'll go

Your in Jason,

We will leave early, catch breakfast on the fly, and arrive in time to help out and get familiar with the venue. Then it's just Kick Ass forget the names, bring back the bling.

b

I def want to go! Miss Mojica said she also wanted to go but seems she has to work later or something and would have to leave before the boozing...I feel bad having her ride up alone so I guess I will be a good sport and keep her company in her car instead of taking the preferred Mystery Machine....

How early does she need to leave? can she get the night off? see what she says. Maybe you can go up with her and come back with us?

b

She is still trying to get the afternoon off...keep your fingers crossed....we might also take Julia from our school, will know more within the next 2 days I guess. I am already exited to go up and compete and see everyone!

Fine I'll ride up in the mystery machine with B alone....then after wiping out the competition it's miller time. Kick ass take names take your vitamins and forget your pencil

You got it J,

6: or so for the get go

B
________________ _________________

What would I need a pencil for?

Pencil or not - we are ready to rock.
The 3 girls are leaving Stamford around 630 tomorrow morning........

So see you guys up there!

Woooooohooooooooooooooo!

:( I have to work. Good luck to everyone

To all of my TSDMGK brothers and sisters that are going to be in the tournament later today...

ALL THE BEST!!!

I know that you will all do a great job!!!

Bernard,
If you are able to video tape the tournament I would love to receive a copy...

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

I had a great time up in Poughkeepsie NY, it was blast to see some of my friends again, Everyone from Stamford MA who came placed! I knocked off some rust but need more work.LOL

The Buckaboo Steak House was delicious as usual, can't wait till next year!

B

PS Master Penfil, no video but some pictures soon, I will call back you Sun.

Thank you Bernard...

I will look forward to seeing the pictures.

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

I cannot believe you wimped out Jason!!!!

Master Antolli did a great job again this year, very well organised tournament and you even got a littlke trophy for participating - great for the kids i think! (ofcourse I also got a kick out of it )

We had a great time at the tournament, unfortunatly
my division was a bit small....it was just me..

For me it is always important to meet girls my age and level, so that was a bit of a bummer! Nevertheless, I got a lot of energy and spirits out of the tournament, too bad the next one is only in April!

Miss Mojica has a few little movies on her Camera, we have her whole form for the Grand Championtaped, it looked really good!

Martial Art Style Tang Soo DO

Melanie,

Good job Sat. I got to see you spar and you did well against the red-belt, I was judging another ring so missed out on most of the "Three Girls from Stamford" but managed to catch your match.What did you guys medal in? let me know!

As for me, I know I should have done better in forms,I just couldn't sink into the zone(ring rust?)and I could use more practice. I did feel good doing the KwanDao, 1/10th of a point behind Brandons Bo Form, hmmm, a little more polish and who knows?. Sparring was good but, I know I saw more guys who should have been in my div. but they didn't want to come out and play,I like the line from Braveheart, "We fight? hmm, Well We dinna get all dressed up fer nothin"
I was happy to get back out there and compete again,2 silver a gold and the Sr.Grand sparring, and the knee felt good so, next year I'll be ready!

b

Thank you Sir!

Miss Mojica finished 1st in traditional Forms.
Julia made 2nd in Forms,
I got 3rd in Forms and 2nd in Sparring.

Thanks, can you send me the pictures from the digital cameras? I have one of all of us that I will bring in!

b

Great job all of you!!!!!. I should have called in sick but sometimes work really does get in the way.

Tell your boss it's TSD is more important and leave. If he/she doesn't like give them a sidekick and shout "Tang Soo Do for life like it or not"...then walk out.

Melanie,
I like your thinking...

TANG SOO for Life!!!

I just hope that Jason doesn't get arrested in the process (ha, ha, ha).

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Master Penfil, I was actually quoting Jason...he replied that to me when I was complaining that I had to work a really long day and missed class!

HAHAHAHA,
Thats it Melanie, make Jason eat his own words LOL Jason you should have come it was a good learning experience you missed.

b

This is true I should have called is sick. Also I should point out my advice on sidekicking your boss should not be taken seriously! You will most likely be carted off to the big house for a long time. I'm glas you all did well!