Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stickin' with it.

I REALLY love karate. I'm not sure if I'm very good at it though. I hate being in the class (had my first few lessons one on one). it's embarrassing. heh, there's a kid that started like, the same day as me, and he's much younger. Oddly enough, I think he learns karate faster and better than I do. One of the instructors said that smaller children learn things faster, is that true? or am I just so uncoordinated I can't beat a kid? XD I still intend on sticking with it (I'm too vain and arrogant to quit).

Re: stickin' with it.

I remember not wanting to be out on the floor, you have to remember everyone else is too busy trying to do things right and keep up, just like you. After a while you will get used to it.
I don't know if younger kids learn faster, but I know some kids are just more athletic and pick things up quicker, that doesnt mean you can't be as good, just may take a little longer with some things.

How have the round house kicks and side kicks been going? have you started jump front kicks yet?

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

I hope you stick with it Akemi.

I too sometimes look at my abilities and compare them to others and think "What am I doing ?"

Stick with it though. Do the best you possibly can and dont hold yourself to others.

I have a back injury. It has limited me quite a bit. I was not able to do jumping round kicks at all, nevermind the other jumping kicks. I now usually do them in class, they are pretty ugly and compared to most, not very good at all. Compared to how they used to be though, its an improvement .

Don't get discouraged.

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do / Hae Dong Gumdo

Re: Re: stickin' with it.

thank you very much! you're all so nice. hehe...my roundhouse and side kicks I think are improving, but my instructor pointed out that I kinda hold myself back...O_O; I don't like to actually make contact when practicing kicks, so he tells me not to be afraid to extend my leg out or something. hehe.

I'm sure you will be hearing, "rotate your hips" and "extend your leg" for a long time, I still do, LOL

b

Re: Re: stickin' with it.

Good luck with training. Stick with in no matter what!