Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gasp* eh?! O_O

yesterday I was at karate, and the instructor was like "I know you know you're stuff, 'cause you're on the list to be tested" or something, and I was like. "um....eh?!" does that mean that soon I'm gonna get tested for my next belt? this may vary from school to school, but do you get tested by surprise, or do you have to schedual it? *squeal* yay, does that mean soon I get my next belt?! 'cause it's only been like, two months.

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Gasp* eh?! O_O

I have limited experiance compared to some.

In the school I train at I pretty much know when I am going to be tested in advance. At the beginning of each month there is also a list as to who will be testing for what that month. The only test I do not beleive I really had an advance notice of was going from white belt to white belt with a blue stripe. It was done in class by KJN Ferraro I beleive.

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do, Haedong Gumdo

Akemi Tsukino,

Thats great! your instructor must see a lot of improvement! you have to let us know when the test will be! will it be an upgrade on your white belt or a testing for your next belt color? ,I ask because I don't know your belt system, you know, like white, orange, green, red , black, or white yellow, orange , green ,blue , purple, brown , black. There are many ranking systems, even in TSD , and depending on your ranking system, thre are diff. ranks shown by stripes on your belt, so keep us posted!! good luck!!

Tang Soo!

Re: Re: Gasp* eh?! O_O

I thought it took like...months though. i've only been taking it for...maybe two months? well, i think here it goes from white to orange, so I guess it would be testing for a new belt color.

Yes generally it is about 40 classes or three months, but if your instructor thinks you are ready, it is not unheard of to promote sooner. So just keep practicing and get ready for your test! So by now have you learned who your Grand Master is and the name of your organization? Do you have to write a report for your test?

b

oh, I don't give names of anyone online, or places, sorry. and....um, no, I think you only have to write a report if you're trying to be a blackbelt. I think you also need 100 hours of helping or teaching too. O_O; that's a lot of work. x.x

Well thats probly a good policy these days, but Iknow quite a few instructors in PA, so was curious. So you don't have to write a paper, thats good. Well have you found out when your test will be? Will any of your family go to watch and take pictures? LOL My son and nephew both will be going for orange belt this month and my family will all be there to watch : o do you think that will put more pressure on them?? good luck

b

who said I lived in Pa? ooh! is that the state you live in, you mean? my parents will probably want to see, but I don't think I'd invite them. i'd probably get too nervous with them watching me.

Martial Art Style Tang soo do

Re: Re: Re: Gasp* eh?! O_O

OOps that was someone else Iwas on the phone with earlier, LOL

Well the family will be there in force with cameras clicking , hope they don't get the kids nervious LOL
I have been practicing the 3 kicho hyungs with Bryon so he has those down.and all else seems good. they can't wait to test for their first colored belt.

b

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gasp* eh?! O_O

It is great that you will be there to support them and when they have broken their boards they have someone to give it to!