Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When work gets in the way....

Sorry, I just have to whine here....I am supposed to take class tonight, my last one was on Thursday as I went away for the weekend and I was looking forward to training so much...and now I am stuck in the office and even if i get out within the next 10 minutes (don't see that happening" I will not be able to make it to class....

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: When work gets in the way....

Hi Melani, this should make you feel better, I started work yesterday morning at 6am it is about 4am the next day, I am still working, missed class too, with luck I will be done by 6am, thats 24hrs straight.
you could say I'm a bit tired about now.

b

Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

Thank you Sir, that makes me feel better! Doesn't it suck when making money prevents you from training?

Re: Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

What really stinks is when your work is at the dojang and you still have to miss class because your working LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

Do what I do,, When I miss class because of work and other improtant stuff ( Alot here lately ). I train at home not only do my regular training but also make up the class I missed. My Sa bom nim lets me know what I need to work on and what I missed at class.

Martial Art Style TSDMGK

Thats good Mr Pope, I usually pick one thing and work it daily, today was forms , so I worked a bit on pyong ahns, Chinto,Rohai,Sip Soo,and Hwa Sun, some times its one steps or intermediates or what ever I feel need work(everything)

b

Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

Tell your boss it's TSD is more important and leave. If he/she doesn't like give them a sidekick and shout "Tang Soo Do for life like it or not"...then walk out.

Re: Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

Well , right now I'm working 7p-3:30 am , so I never get a chance to train anymore, nevermind seeing my wife. So I train by mself , when I can.
However, I should say , that early in your development, it is crucial to make it to training as much as possible . However , those of us that been around for a while , dont need that type of guidance , as we just try to improve and work on the material we already have .

David

Re: Re: Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

J/k

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: When work gets in the way....

sometimes i'm really tired. x.x; so I don't wanna go to class, but I go anyway and still end up having fun. it really is enjoyable. n_n

The hard part is dragging yourself to class when you are tired! once you are there you usually wake up and feel better after class...even if you go home and crash out.

b