Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my first advancement!

i'm testing for my orange belt next week! I'm so happy!

Re: my first advancement!

Thats wonderful, I'm glad you have stuck with it. Good luck with the test!
Next week is going to be practice ,practice, practice! I'm sure you will be fine.
What do you need to know for advancement?

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: my first advancement!

Good luck!

Re: Re: my first advancement!

I need to know the first two forms, front side roundhouse cressant and spinning back kicks, five hand and foot things (called onesteps or something?), five of each, and five self defense moves. I'm just worried about getting nervous.

Martial Art Style tang soo do

Don't worry about getting nervous, you will be nervous. That is healthy and natural. I was nervous every test. The key is simply practice, practice and practice and when you get up there, after you go through the first move or two or whatever starts the test, the nerves will likely melt away and you will be happy to note that your practice will pay off and you will perform the way you did in practice.

Congratulations, and good luck, though I bet you won't need it :)

Only one word of advice I think I will give you for testing. Don't worry about anything that happened before on the test, or anything that might happen later in the test. Focus on what you are doing at that moment, this helps control your anxiety and will help you to your best on the section you are currently taking.

You will do good. Don't get nervous and don't doubt yourself. Believe in yourself just like your teacher does!

Akemi,

So how did the test go? we are all waiting to hear the details!!

b