Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Science of Wrestling and the Art of Jujitsu: By Earle Liederman-1923

THis book is amazing, it is 223 pages of techniques and counter techiques with 175 full size b/w prints and a short paragraph explaing each move and counter. The wrestling is Catch as Catch Can and lasts up to page 166, the rest is Jujitsu techniques and counter techniques.If your a collecter of old Martial Arts books you would understand how happy I am with this find.The Catch as Catch Can techniques are fantastic, and the photographs are very large and clear.The Jujitsu Techs are not to bad either, but I especially like the wrestling section.

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: The Science of Wrestling and the Art of Jujitsu: By Earle Liederman-1923

So where do you find your wonderful toys?

I search the many Out of Print and Antiqarian Book Book Sellers on the net then there is always e-bay. I have books from the 20's thru present in my collection.
I just missed a late 1800's book not long ago, now that would have been a nice addition.

b

You always see this book on ebay , there are a couple copies there today , they don't draw a lot of interest though .

It's a shame nobody is interested in this book, as I said it is choked full of great info on grappling and counters.

b

There are a lot of older books out there but not a lot of interest ... Where you see an interest is in the larger so called "bibles" of martial arts and video sets such as the Gracie's , Larry Tatum , George Dilman and so on .

Truthfuly I look for as much material as I can find , boil it down and throw it in the blender , the result is very useful in exploiting one's weakness.

Liederman's book was a nice brown leather bound book as I recall , rather nice if compared to some of the paper bound juijitsu for police or self defense books of the day .