Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shadow Dream

Well what can I say, Shadow Dream took Master Lee a long time to make and no money and it was hard for me to watch after he was finished. I say this because I am the police officer in the park and he cut out my lines and put his wife's song over my lines. My wife is the Secretary in the green dress and the big guy was a black belt from Washington state and he was huge. also the guy at the end who lost was Tyrone Armstrong a real boxer and Mike Tyson sparring partner, this was back in 1996, 97.And was based on a true story you see Master Lee trained Pinklin Thomas the WBC WHW champ who lost to Tim Witherspoon and then got knocked out by Mike Tyson. and most of the people in the back round are all students who had no acting experience. And Master Lee was not one you could tell " hay can't act" so we just went with the flow. He went through two or three directors who had little or no experience and it went strait to video. For me it's more of a comedy because I know everyone in the film and I must say it was fun making it. our school was on the corner of Santa Monica and Vine in Hollywood so when he was out filming I was running classes. Oh by the way my back is doing much better.

Martial Art Style TSD

Re: Shadow Dream

I lost my mind it was 1987 LOL

Martial Art Style TSD

Thats so cool, you were in the movie, sorry your lines were cut!, I'm glad I still have it, I'm going to find my tape and watch it again to see you!
That huge guy was a Black-Belt? did he compete? how did he do? he was enormous!
You are right it is hard to get thru, painful really, but now that I have heard from someone who was actually in the movie and know a bit more about it, it makes its more fun.

I'm going to find that movie now.

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: Shadow Dream

That Black black belt was a lumber jack from Washington State and he came down to work out and do the film. He had parked his car on a hill I think a mustang like one from the 70's and he was standing behind the car and the safety break popped off and the car started rolling backwards and he tried to stop it and got ran over and he had no injury's the car just went over him. He was about 6'4'' and 350lb and when he threw a kick it was like a tree coming at you. It's too bad Master Lee only did one take on the fight scenes, He had no money so every time he did a take he would just use the film. Golden James was my instructor in Santa Barbara, he was a third Dan and the right had man for MR Scarlatti the MOB Boss in the movie. That was a long time ago but it seems like yesterday. If you look you will see me in the night club scene and that guy playing the organ and trying to show off he was Amber Lee's boyfriend before she married Master Lee. She looks kinda like Donna Summers

Martial Art Style TSD

I saw you in the park as the policeman, but it is so dark, and your head is cut off most of the scene, I'll try the night club. I liked the Mr Scarlotti character. I watched the fight scene with the lumberjack again, he looks just like one of the Borsey Brothers from my town, haha could be twins with one. And the woman who plays the mother of the two troublemakers was great.

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: Shadow Dream

The mother was a women named Vicky and she also did our makeup and hair, and get this. The two boys that he helps in the beginning of the film have there lines dubbed over with some adults voice. It's not children talking it kinda sounds like a midgets voice. LOL !

Martial Art Style TSD