Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tonight we are morning a great man...

For many of you that have followed my postings and have read about my martial history, you have learned about Sensei James V. Morrone, Jr.

Sensei James V. Morrone became my instructor in Shotokan karate in June of 1974. Sensei Morrone was a student of the JKA (Japan Karate Association), and trained under some of the most highly regarded instructors in the world, including Sensei Hidetaka Nishiyama.

The level of understanding that I have of kinesiology, I have because of Sensei Morrone. He was only a Nidan (2nd Dan) when I was his student, but his deep level of knowledge at the rank of Nidan in 1974 was greater then any instructor that I have known in all of my years at any rank. It is Sensei Morrone who I have to thank for so much with regard to my understanding of movement, alignment, timing and distance, etc.

Over the past couple of years Sensei Morrone has undergone a hip replacement and a knee replacement. The knee replacement caused him to suffer complications that affected his breathing and sleep apnea. I was able to spend a couple of hours with him recently and could see how he was declining.

I received a phone call this evening from Sensei Jerome (Jerry) Morrone to inform me that his brother had passed away this evening. No written words can express the level of pain or loss being felt at this time.

My heart goes out to this great man who taught me so very much, and to his family…

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Tonight we are morning a great man...

Life is too great a journey for any one of us to travel it's entire path alone ... so we have children ... we touch those around us and we send them on far beyond our reach ... just as we too began the journey ... it is in this knowledge that we shall live , just as those that came befor us and those that are yet to come shall live forever .

Forgive me my thoughts yet know that they are of you and yours and the loss of your friend .

Re: Re: Tonight we are morning a great man...

Please accept my condolences in regard to your loss of a friend and teacher.

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: Re: Tonight we are morning a great man...

Please accept my condolences in regard to your loss of a friend and teacher also Master Penfill