Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open M.A. Championships, May 20th

Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open Martial Arts Championships, to be held at Novi Middle School, Novi Mi, call Greg Bolliard 734 397 7010

Does anyone know this event?
How is it?
What is the turn out like??

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open M.A. Championships, May 20th

Our school attended last year. It's a pretty good turn out. Perhaps 300 or more. The tournament is organized very well and run efficiently. I have heard concerns from several school instructors about the fairness of the judging. There are sometimes two judges from the organization sponsoring the event at each ring. Instead of complaining though, school instructors should bring more black belts from their own school to help with judging. Over all it was a good experience for our students who attended.

Re: Re: Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open M.A. Championships, May 20th

"I have heard concerns from several school instructors about the fairness of the judging."

You mean like whether the competitor has "evil Kihaps" or such?

JH

Thanks Christy,

You answered my question, nice to know just in case I make it out there somwtime.
As for Judging , yes that is a problem with most events, you just have to be that much better, so it can't happen.

b

Greg Bolliard Has as an excellent reputation for how he runs his schools, his organization and his tournaments. I have only met him a couple of time in the past, I found him to be a good person, and would recommend his tournament to anyone.

If anyone complains about the judging at his tournament, I would suggest looking at their student’s performance… not the judging.

If I can set the time aside, I will be at this tournament as well.

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Re: Re: Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open M.A. Championships, May 20th

If you can make it Mr. Redfield it will be well worth your trip. Our students had a great time and most of them left with trophies. We will be there again this year for sure.

Re: Re: Re: Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open M.A. Championships, May 20th

I didn't see any date posted......

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mu Sa Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Open M.A. Championships, May 20th

May 20th. You can get more information on his website

www.musawarrior.com