Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Motobu Sensei int'l seminar

Dear Bernard, & others that might be interested,

Motobu Sensei, will be comming to Va, for a seminar, in July. Bernard, I know we've spoke in the past about Motobu Sensei might have some knowledge that we both are interested in, & this might be a good place to find out about it. I am gonna try very, very hard to make it. My wife might try to kill me though, but, I am gonna try to be there. I just got back from Ca from training there, & am planning to make a trip to mainland Japan, then Okinawa, & back to Ca later this year, God willing! So, I just hope I have the finances to do so, cause there are other instructors there, I'd love to train w/ as well. It will be a great oppourtunity for alot of us to finally meet, too. Here's the link to the info:

http://www.kenkyukai.org/new_page_4.htm

Sincerely,
David Somers

Re: Motobu Sensei int'l seminar

I checked out the link , it seems to be a great seminar, how would they take to a Korean Stylist coming to this??

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: Motobu Sensei int'l seminar

I dont know, give them a shout. I dont think they would have anything against it, a Kenkyukai is a study group. I think it is something like what me, & my friends do here in Florida.

David

Re: Motobu Sensei int'l seminar

David, and anyone intersted in the seminar,

Here is the reply I recieved! So I may have to go!

---------------------------------------

Hello

We welcome all practitioners to the seminar, especially those with direct ties to Okinawan karate. As Tang Soo Do is Okinawan karate's "Korean cousin", TSD practitioners are not only welcome but encouraged to attend.

Information concerning pre-registration will be up this week. We truly look forward to seeing you there. Talk to you soon.

Regards

Rob Rivers

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Re: Motobu Sensei int'l seminar

Cool, I will have to see if any of my friends down here wanna go, so that way I can split a room w/ them. With my recent trip out to Ca, it set me back a bit, but, I do have some frequent flyer miles I can use. Please lemme know if you're gonna go, I'd love to finally meet up w/ you. I think this will be the ideal place, to do so.

David