TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greenwich 2006

Everyone's comments are welcome!

Re: Greenwich 2006

Hi Jason,

I posted this under the Greenwhich Tang Soo Do Championship thread, but a new thread is fine too, so here is my post from that thread,

The Greenwhich Championships are over, what a good time!

I had fun sweeping thru the senior Div. memorable moments were, Mike Spillo and I had a great rockem sockem match. Bob Neuter caught me with the best kick I ever saw him throw, too bad it was the only point I let you get, LOL, During Grands, The mens Heavy weight champ had super quick legs, but I came out ahead. Congrats to Omar Yakub on winning Grand in Sparring, we had a hell of a match, thanks for the Fun!

Congratulations to Alma Hamilton, Barry Schectman, Shirley Mojica,
for your Oustanding performances!!!

Big Congratulations to my Nephew Robert on his First Place finish in Sparring in Mini PeeWee!!! Awesome, keep the Redfields in the Winner circle!!

Melanie/ Jason, let me know how everyone else did in Gup competition, I had to leave early to set up Teagans 13th B-Day Party so I missed out on seeing you guys.

TANG SOO!!

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

The tournament season kick-off was definitly a great time. After an event like this I am always in really good spirits and looking forward to the next...

This year the tournament was a bit smaller then last year. I was afraid not to have any competitors but I had one girl to fight...so I was a happy bunny.

Stamford Martial Arts did a great job

Mr. Brooks - 1st in Sparring + 1st in Forms
Miros = 3rd in Sparring + 2nd in Forms
(those two were tough competitors in both fields!!)
Tony - 1st in Forms
Sabrina - 1st in Sparring - 3rd in Forms
Alison - 2nd in Sparring
Me - 1st in Sparring + 2nd in Forms (loosing against Tony definitly does not hurt)

Did I forget anyone?

Jason also did great - he and Tony put up a great fight but I leave it to him to tell everyone about his victories!!!

Afterwards the crowd gathered at Master Devita's. It is so nice of him to have us every year and it was a fantastic time to hang out with the TSDMGK family and get to know everyone.

So who's up for the West Haven Tournament May 13th?

Excellent News, nice job!
I am glad Stamford did well, I missed not being at the after Party, It is always a great time, and a fantastic spread!! I will put up a sheet in the Studio for the results , How many of the Kids showed for the event?? I want to get all the names of the competitors so it can make the Sports section it's always good advertising, LOL

So where's Jason and his results

b

I am not sure about the kids that were there...sorry..

I forgot to mention Julia and her son Daniel, Julia got 1st in Sparring and 3rd in Forms and Daniel got 2nd in Forms.

I really enjoyed the tournament quite a bit.

My son got 1st sparring / 2nd forms in Boys 12 year old competition. He was so excited.

I think I came in last in forms, I really disappointed myself. I did BASSAI, I was feeling nervous as I only became a red belt 3 weeks or so ago.

I took 2nd place sparring, it was a great couple of matches I had. I beleive the gentlemens name I sparred against for 1st and 2nd was Dan (Don?), I don't remember the last name. It was a great, hard match, definately worth the price of admission. I loved it.

I hope you all come to KJN's tournament in West Haven in may.

Martial Art Style TSD MGK / Hae Dong Gumdo

Hi JVoss,

Congrats to you and and your son, it was nice meeting you.
That was Don Brooks from Stamford, very good competitor.
I also had fun sparring in my matches, LOL
I will see you up in WestHaven in May

b