Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bunkai Weekend

April 22nd and 23rd 2006

Its been a long time in the making but its coming.

Michigan Tang Soo Do And The Tang Soo Do Martial Arts Society
In conjunction with The Tornado School Of Martial Arts
Presents BUNKAI Weekend
The truth lies within the katas

It took some doing to get this legendary Martial Artist to agree to do this workshop but its happened and hes ready the one and only
Grand Master Robert (Bobby) Bell

Grand Master Bell with nearly forty five years in martial Arts, Japanese / Okinawan and chinese Martial Arts will present a weekend workshop on the truth within the katas. Bunkai applications and pressure points found within the classical katas. The weekend will cover proper foundation, stances, breathing, timing, meridans, nerve strikes, this is no game or gimmic, no money making seminar...Its the real deal! and actual applications found within the hyungs and katas. No matter what your style or system all will benifit! And if your Tang Soo Do its a must! Grand Master bell will breath Life into the hyungs.

Grand Master Bell along with his sons Masters Aaron and Chris Bell will teach the bunkai found in the following katas....

Pyung Ahns / Heian / Pinan...The jump in O dan...could that be a mount and choke?
Bassai dai You will be amazed!
Nahanji 1,2, and 3 Come see his demonstartion of iron shields! within the nahanji.
A sip soo / Jutte See the tearing and ripping with claws.
Jindo / Chinto learn the truth!
Kong San Goon / Kanku dai heres where it gets down to business!
Whang Shu / Empi
Sei Shan / Hangetsu
Jion

Getting this legendary Martial Artist here may be a one time one chance to answere and unravel the mysteries of the katas / hyung. See his amazing demonstration of nerve strikes channeling his ki / chi to his fist and open hand to attack meridans.

The weekend event will be held at
Michigan Tang Soo Do
22112 West Rd
Woodhaven Mi 48183

The date will be announced soon...very soon
For more information contact me at
tmasblue7@aol.com
or 313 671-2576
Tang Soo!
MD

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Bunkai Weekend

Update,
the date is April 22nd and 23rd
all are welcome to witness and take part in this event and see for yourself. GM Bell who now has recovered from a third stroke is living proof of what the martial arts can do.
MD

Re: Re: Bunkai Weekend

My husband, my son, several of our students and I have all met and worked with Aaron Bell, Master Chris Bell, and Grandmaster Bobby Bell at GM Zacker's dojang....these men are truly amazing. I didn't think there was anyone out there that knew more than Grandmaster Zacker - but found that they know at least as much, and in many different styles. We have been training with all three individuals and thus exposed to a world of bunkai and knowledge that we didn't even know existed! We've worked with others that claimed to know it; but they did more talking and gossiping (and LOTS of griping about the world of martial arts) than they did teaching, so we hadn't really learned anything at all! What a true pleasure to learn so much from such a renowned legend. Our students are looking forward to this too....you will have a packed house!

Re: Re: Re: Bunkai Weekend

Its looking like a packed house! the registrations are pouring in, I think everyone in the Michigan karate circle knows of or at least heard of GM Bell.

He visited us today and gave a sample of what he would cover...simply amazing. He hit a point on my arm from the tekki (nahanji) kata..at first nothing, but a few seconds later my forearm began to burn, I mean it was hot! and the pain was intense. I've known GM Bell and trained with him for many years...I knew what was comming. Many secrets will be let out of the bag at this seminar....there are blocks in karate...just not where you think they are.

MD