Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
redtangsoodo.com is online

Well I am making the move to my own domain, redtangsoodo.com, let me know if it works ok?? We are selling the house and moving to Wake Forest NC, If we get our price for the house, we will be gone before the end of summer and ready for the new school year so the kids can start fresh!!

After much debate, I will be opening a full time MGK school in Wake Forest NC, catering to the younger crowd, with adult morning and evening classes, I will give it a year, then if it is not working out I will go Afternoon/evening classes and go back to the Power Co. for the benies
Wish me Luck!!

b

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: redtangsoodo.com is online

Domain seems to be working fine, Mr. Redfield -- and best of luck on selling the house and launching your new venture in Wake Forest! I lived in the RTP area for about 6 years prior to moving to Austin back in 2000, and my in-laws live in Clayton which is not too far from there. Nice area -- I'll have to make a point of visiting your dojang next time I'm in the area (possibly next Thanksgiving -- I don't tend to go out of my way to visit my in-laws ).

Re: Re: redtangsoodo.com is online

Ohhhh man! You'll be in NC?! Well you'll be in ITSDA country man. You should join up!

JH

Best Wishes!

Thanks all,
First we have to sell this house, It has to be while the kids are on summer vacation, then I can start thinkin of the future, LOL ,
JH thanks for the offer, but I'm a MGK man from since the beginning, so the Dojang when it happens will be MGK , I'll send you a nice Tee-Shirt though.
Hey my brother is also movig to the area, so I will have my son and nephew as the first two students, they will be green belts by then, 8yrs and 10yrs, haha the kids program is already started LOL I'll let you know as things progress.

I'm happy with the new URL I went with Bravenet since the message board is by them, it keeps all my manager functions in one spot. it was cheep too, gotta love that.

b

b

wow!
i wish you all the best of luck mr redfield.
we will for sure miss you!

Worked great for me. Good luck with everything.

Congratulations and good luck Mr. Redfield.

I hope you will still occassionally be able to make some of the tournaments up here.

Martial Art Style TSD MGK , Hae Dong Gumdo

Good luck!

Martial Art Style TangSooDo

Mr Redfield......
Congratulations on your decision
"Change is the only constant" and LUCK is only what you make it. Though we have never met, from your posts, I get a strong impression, and if I were a betting man...my money would be on you and your success.
Some once told me...LUCK is only
Laboring Under Correct Knowledge!

Tang Soo
Fred Weeks

Martial Art Style TSD CKB

Thank you Master Weeks for your kind words, I will do my best.

tang Soo
b

Thank you for your tolerance and I wish you the best in your endeavors , perhaps I will cross paths with you again , perhaps we could trade a little knowledge again and then again perhaps I will pass by again to test your tolerance . Enjoy the path you choose (good luck)

I would have liked to have had an opportunity to speak more in depth on some subjects with some of your senior members such as the topic of bunkai

It was a pleasure to speak with your members in general ... Melanie seems to stand out

Take this as a parting present , good bye and good luck

I have enjoyed your conversation and am sure we can learn alot from your experience,I'm sure many of us have re-examined some of our techniques do to your posts. maybe I can come up with a different board for the more indepth content we could share. when I get a good adult enrollment maybe I will entreat you to come as a guest instructor.
b

To truth

Truth,

I think we have lived thru, and/or seen similar experiences in life, & would invite you to contact me privately. You can find my contact info on either of my websites below. If I dont hear from you, good luck along your journey, & wish you the best!

David Somers
www.angelfire.com/fl5/okinawagojuryu
www.okinawagojuryu.org

Re: Re: Re: redtangsoodo.com is online

see everyone!!!! Kyo sa nim redfeild can not resisit our southern cooking down here. Thats why hr is moving down here!!! . but let me be serious for just a second good luck on your move and If there is anything me or Sbn Hemphill can do just let us know..

yours in the Mi Guk Kwan
"""" TANG SOO """"
Michel Pope

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan

"JH thanks for the offer, but I'm a MGK man from since the beginning, so the Dojang when it happens will be MGK , I'll send you a nice Tee-Shirt though."

Well...that's nice. But I don't think you understand what ITSDA is. You don't have to stop being a MGK dojang or MGK member or a member of anything else for that matter. ITSDA is a fraternity. Look. Just talk to Jon Plyler about it and he'll explain it.

(unless of course the MGK says you can't belong to any other organizations. But at ITSDA, we actually encourage you to keep any membership you currently have. We are in competition with any of them.)

JH

Re: Re: Re: redtangsoodo.com is online

That should have said 'Aren't in competition with any of them'.

Dang dyslesic finger!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: redtangsoodo.com is online

Now who am I going to call up at random hours of the day to talk too......

Good Luck!
Semper Fi!

Jason

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: redtangsoodo.com is online

OOOHHH!!!! RAHHHHH!!!!

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan

Congrats Bernard! Best wishes on the move and the new dojang!!!
--Josh

Thanks all,

We have now decided to move down the line a bit to Garner NC, much more family feel and smaller town atmosphere, we go back in a few weeks to take a second look at a couple of homes we liked, will let you know .

b

Garner! My in-laws live in Clayton -- you'll be practically next-door. And you're absolutely right -- it's a nicer place than Wake Forest (and it's certainly nicer than Clayton -- my in-laws live in a really nice golf community there, but otherwise the place is a bit too ... well... "backwoodsy" for me). Garner's a nice community and is in a great location -- good access to shopping and schools and such, plus close enough to Raleigh to grab a nice meal downtown.

We lived in the RDU area for about 6 years and still have a lot of friends in the area -- let me know if you have any questions about the area that I might be able to help with.

Tang Soo!

Gregg

Martial Art Style TSD

Hey all,

Update!

We may have the house we want in Garner!
I say may because all the paperwork has to go thru and we have to sell ours in CT we are now motivated sellers LOL I'm still here, I interview for a town job in Wake Forest in the morning then fly back to CT, we have been running rag-ed since friday. Also have been looking into sites for a school down here!

But on a really, really, cool note, I got to shoot the breeze with Jeff Foxworthy at a Pig Roast and got a pic with him, he is so down to earth its unreal. He if you don't know is a big sponser for the Duke Childrens Hospital, he and his wife have been doing the benifit for 10 years now, thats where I met him, we, being my mother inlaw, wife and myself were guests of David Freidman(sp) the composer who did the music forMulan, Aladin and other Disney hits, at the Fundraising dinner and show, it was awesome.
Oh well thats my update, gotta get of the hotel computer

b

Good luck!

When are you opening??

You'll have two TSD schools within 20 minutes either side of you in Wake Forest (me, and Master Pendleton). I look forward to your addition to our community.

I'm just curious, but, why havn't you been intouch with me to tell me this good news?

Hi Ladd,

I am not one to count my chickens, so I don't feel it is a done deal till I am moved. LOL

I think I may open in Garner and not Wake Forest, but that also is in the Air, depends on a lot, pluss now I'm looking to get a full time job first then open/

Last time I came down we were moving around so fast I only slept and looked at houses, we looked at 60 in one weekend came back to Garner 3 weeks later and found one we like. Now we are selling up here, looking for jobs down there, what a stressfull thing. I didn't have time to call and was not up in Wake Forest at all both times I went down, so don't take it like I didn't want to say hi.

If you are evr in a strange town that Magellin GPS is awesome.

b

Is it to late to say "Don't go Mr. Redfield"?

Isn't is amazing how things you plan for a while suddenly become real?

I am sure everything down south will work out great.

Can't wait to come and visit your school!!!

Thanks Melanie,

I will start looking for locations once we are settled in, I found some already but, I want to have everything in order first, so they will be gone by the time I'm ready.

I will invite everyone down for a Big Grand opening when it happens

Hi All,

Step one is complete, I have accepted a job in NC,
Step two, we have a house under contract
Step three which I would have liked to be step two, selling our house is close to complete.

I will have to be in NC the weekend of Nationals, but I will see if I can swing thru Jersey to compete if possible

b

I think you are going love the south except for the huuricanes. As you know they are pretty intense down here!! But atleast on thing you are moving a little closer to me and Sbn Hemphill...

I usually have to work outside during hurricanes so they don't bother me