Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 Kong Sang Koon ??

Master Henries CD has 4 different versions of Koon Sang Koon listed in the forms section:

Kong Sang Koon Dai
Kong Sang Koon Sho
Kong Sang Koon Sa Bang
Kong Sang Koon Bok Hak Kwan

What are the 4 versions he is listing, the Dai is pretty close to our version but what are the others??

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: 4 Kong Sang Koon ??

Sho=Kanku Sho
Sa Bang=Shiho Kosokun (Found within Shi to Ryu)
Not sure of the last one, never seen, or heard of it.

David

What was interesting is the form Sa Bang seems to have most of the moves of Dai,in a different order and is in more of a straight line.

b

David does this list seem acurate to you?

ARAGAKI Niseishi
Sochin
Unshu

CHATANYARA
Kusanku

GOKENKI
Hakucho
Nipaipo
Papuren

HIGASHIONNA Kururunfa
Saifa
Sanchin
Sanseru
Seienchin
Seipai
Seisan
Shisochin
Superimpei

ISHIMINE
Bassai

ITOSU
Heian (Pinan) Shodan
Heian (Pinan) Nidan
Heian (Pinan) Sandan
Heian (Pinan) Yondan
Heian (Pinan) Godan
Bassai Dai
Bassai Sho
Chintei
Chinto
Gojushiho
Jiin
Jion
Jitte
Kosokun Dai
Kosokun Sho
Naifuanchin Shodan
Naifuanchin Nidan
Naifuanchin Sandan
Rohai Shodan
Rohai Nidan
Rohai Sandan
Shiho-Kosokun

MABUNI KENWA Aoyagi
Juroku
Miyojo

MATSUBAYASHI (Shorin Ryu)
Annanko

MATSUMURA
Bassai
Seisan
Rohai

MATSUMORA Rohai
****** (Matsukaze)
Wanshu

MIYAGI
Gekisai Ichi
Gekisai Ni
Tensho

UEICHI/MABUNI
Shinpa

Re: Re: 4 Kong Sang Koon ??

B,
What are you asking? Are you asking are those the creators of the kata, or is the order right, etc?

David

David,

LOL, just the creators, I think someplace around here I have the dates of birth/death I think, but you could always add that if you would like
And of course the order in which they were created by who would be a bonus

b

From what I understand, Higashionna Sensei didnt create all those Kata, he just modified them. Chatanyara is actually two words. One is Chatan a village in Okinawa, Yara was the name of the person. Uechi created several other Kata, cant think of them off hand, though. I know the Shi to Ryu guys say that Uechi, & Mabuni created Shinpa together, but, if that was so, I think that Uechi would of atually used the Kata in his system, as well. Miyojo, I never heard of, is that the correct spelling? Matsubayashi, is one of the branches of Shorin Ryu, created by Shoshin Nagamine. Now, he might of created that paticular version of Ananku, because no one else seems to use it, but not sure. Most of the other style's that teach Ananku, teach the Kyan version, found within Shorinji Ryu, & the Sukuinhayashi (Seibukan). Did you get this list from a Shi to ryu site?

David

Greetings Bernard,

I think the fourth form you’re asking about Kong Song Koon Bok Hak Kwon is a white crane fist form. I would suggest that you ask Master Henry himself but I don’t believe that is possible anymore as someone posted on warrior scholar board that he died of cancer.

Some senior Tang Soo Tao members practice a form *** Ho Il that is listed in Master Robert Caputo's book. It starts out like Kong Song Koon then looks like a shaolin kungfu form. Maybe it’s the same form as Master Henry's Bok Hak Kwon but I'm not sure. Interesting note is that Master Caputo lived in Korea for over a year with the founder of Tang Soo Do Moo Duk Kwan the late Kwan Jang Nim Hwang Kee.

Sincerely,
Frank

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Tao

Re: Re: Re: 4 Kong Sang Koon ??

David,

Yes I picked that list of of www.shi to ryu.org awhile back, I havn't had time to compare it to other lists yet, everything I have is boxed up, making the move hopefully.

b

Frank,
thanks, Ill have to dig out my Tang Soo Tao book and go thru Master Henrys cd and see if I can compare the form

b

Frank,

My father is still here and is doing well thank you.

Take Care,

John

www.classicmartialarts.com/kungfu

John,

Great news ,
Could you please let us know more information and background on the 4 Koon Sang Koon forms on your fathers cd??

Tang soo

b