Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prayers Needed

We Just found out that my wifes bother in LA has been rushed to the hospital and the diagnosis is advanced colon cancer. they are putting him in surgery in the morning for a emergency operation and removing as much of his lower intestine as is needed, and also they have found spots on his liver and small intestine and are going after that as well, the guy is only 35, and was fine till a month ago , he went to the hospital with symptoms and was given the bums rush for no insurance, he has since managed to get some, now his roomate carried him into the hospital(not the type to complain of pain) and is in bad shape. plese pray for him, his name is Lou Genise, he is a person you would like.

Thanks
B

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Prayers Needed

I just talk to my mom and dad and they are putting him on the prey list as i speak. Keep me informed so i can let them know about his progress!!!!

Dear Mr. Redfield,

Absolutely -- your brother in law is in my prayers, as are you, your wife, and the rest of your family. Please keep us informed of his status.

Love and peace to you and your loved ones,

Gregg

Martial Art Style TSDMGK

Prayers from your friends in Arkansas. May God be with and comfort your family during this time of crisis.
D01

Martial Art Style TSDCKB

Re: Re: Prayers Needed

I will put him on my churches prayer list, Is he at UCLA?

Re: Re: Re: Prayers Needed

Lou is in LAC + USC Medical Center, on N State St in LA, he is in surgery right now, he was checked in yesterday, so they are moving quickly. We won't know how much the cancer has spread till sometime later today.

b

Re: Re: Re: Re: Prayers Needed

God bless him Bernard. I hope everything turns out well. He will remain in our prayers.
JP

Thanks,
Lou made it thru surgery, yahoo! he went under the knife at 9am and they finished around 5pm LA time, sketchy info thus far they won't say much to his roomate and mom hasn't gotten hold of the docs, but I know he lost a"large portion" of his large intestine but won't need a bag, no word on the small intestine stomach or liver as of yet, but he is out of surgery finally.
Thanks for the prayers they are working/ Reiki practioners thanks we really poured it out there

b

I have, & will keep him in my prayers.

David

Thanks,

Lou lost 3/4 of his intestines in the op, he is stage 4, the cancer has gone into the liver, the next24-48hrs will be the ones that count, stomach and other organs are ok so far.

Thanks for the update, sir -- hang in there, and extra hugs to your wife and the rest of your family. We'll keep the prayers up on our end -- keep your chin up on yours.

Gregg

Martial Art Style TSDMGK

Hang in there. We will remember you and yours in our prayers.

GOOD NEWS,

Lou is alert and talking, still in ICU of course, morphined up so he loves everyone and everybody LOL, but the liver was caught early so Chemo should be good, and they think they got all the cancer in the intestines removed!! we will know more soon,
if you want to drop him a line it's spenkovich@yahoo.com yeah weird but thats Lou

Thank you all for the prayers and Reiki and everythng.

b

Fantastic news, sir! We'll keep up the healing thoughts on our end, keep up the updates on your. And let Lou know that, you know, when he gets out of ICU if he has any of that morphine left over he should be nice and share .

Glad to hear you guys got some good news out of this -- the last few days must have been nearly unbearable for your wife and the rest of your family. While obviously he's hardly out of the woods, it must be a relief to have hope.

This reminded me of a quotation by Charles Beard that seemed appropriate, here -- "When it is dark enough, you can see the stars."

Tang Soo!

Gregg

Martial Art Style TSDMGK