Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Van vs 18 Wheeler

A funny thing happened on the way to get boxes at U-Haul today,

I was broadsided by an 18 Wheeler car carrier who blew a red light, suffice it to say that my beautiful 95 G20 Combination Van got creamed, lucky only me and Rufus the PitBull were in the Van, we didn't have a scratch, the area where the kids like to sit is not pretty. man we got launched like a hotwheels of a track.
3 vehicles stayed with me waiting for the cops to arrive, and reported that he blew the light was speeding and wasn't paying attention since he never hit the brakes. My poor van was tossed across the median into on coming traffic, luckily no body wasd in the way and they were able to steer around me. Another fine thing is that intersection has traffic monitors so it is on tape. a trip to the hospital for a cat scan for my neck and back, (very sore) and 4hrs later I'm out and back to packing for the trip south. I had to borrow a junky 97 Yukon from my father inlaw he had siting around for awhile.

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: Van vs 18 Wheeler

OH....you won't hurt the day it happens...or even the day after. It always the day 'after after' when it feels like you were put through a playdough machine and left in an easy bake oven all day.

My advice....ask for morphine.

JH

Re: Re: Van vs 18 Wheeler

I'll send in the Marines!

Jeez -- glad you're OK! I'm sure I don't have to tell you how fortuante you are!!!

I'm sure you're gonna get more and more sore over the next 2-3 days. An impact like that is gonna make itself known over the better part of a week or so. ook at it this way -- now you're probably gonna start this new NC phase of your lives iwth a new car!

Hang in there -- it's gotta get better!

Gregg

Martial Art Style TSDMGK

Sorry to hear this. Glad you're in one, albeit very sore, piece. Impressed how calm you are; I was so upset when I had to scrap my Saturn after it got totalled. For an engineer, that's way harder than signing an organ donor card. Thank goodness Kyo Sah K. was there to reason with me.

Wishing you strength for the ordeal of dealing with car salesmen. Don't breathe fire every time the sales droids lie to you. One ends up wasting a lot of training time without actually getting a car. But perhaps, turtles are better at dealing with these things than dragons are. ;-) Good luck!

I'm glad you and your dog are ok Sir.
That sucks though, about your van.

Martial Art Style TSD MGK / HDGD

Thanks for the words everyone, I was only a little sore the next day and drove the 12hrs to NC in my father-inlaws old 93 Yukon with no air conditioning, it was a bit warm in the truck. I of course had that fixed once I got here. I was a lot sore after the ride though.
My wife is coming down for the closing next week and bringing my rental SUV and taking her dads truck back. Already have my new NC CDL and am at the library catching up on things on the net.

b

How do you like the south so far??

I like NC just fine, I am learning how to get around a bit more now. Grace and the kids are coming down for a few days at the end of the week for the closing.
Saw a blackwidow spider the other day, cool, haha, oh yeah whats with all the darn flies around here, LOL

b

depends on what kind of fly u r talking about?? and as far as the spiders go's you can keep it as far away from me as you can. I'm scared of any kind of spider.. It doesn't matter how big or how small they are I'll run as far as I can from them..

Hi Mr. Redfield!

How are things? We miss you - I walked into the Dojang on Saturday and realized you wouldnt be helping out

Hope all is well!

Melanie

Hi Melanie,

Yes everything is fine down here. It is lonely without my family around me, but they will be here in about three weeks. I am getting accustomed to the area, and the heat LOL. I hope to see you all again sometime soon. but for now it is work work work, till we sell the other house and Grace lands a job here.then maybe I can come up and visit.

Tang Soo!
b

Re: Re: Re: Van vs 18 Wheeler

Good luck! How's your back, sir?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Van vs 18 Wheeler

I have to defer your question to my lawyer, he he

b

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Van vs 18 Wheeler

Seriously though,

I have been seeing a chiropractor, and a good thing too! the x-rays showed that my back is way messed up from the accident. I just hope there is no permanent damage, you can see the damage the spine took from the impact from the 18 wheeler, it looks like the symbol for water, you know the waivy lines?? now I see why it is so painful to sit for any length of time!

b