Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More interesting hi-storey

More interesting history, to be taken with a grain of salt.

http://karate.celtic-twilight.com/tangsoodo/tang_soo_do_history.htm

Re: More interesting hi-storey

Well...it is nice to see I'm still being plagerized.

Bernard, I actually wrote that back in 1986 when I was just a Chodan and just beginning to research the history of Tang Soo Do. Now remember, back then, there was no Internet...and home computers were a rarety. So the info I had to go off of was the rare book and word of mouth oral histories. Obviously, since that time I've learned a lot that makes the information obsolete if not outright incorrect. Occasionally I'll run across someone who has a copy of the info on their website, I try to contact them and ask them to remove it...and usually get told to go soak my head. Almost always, I learn the person got the information from Dan Nolan's text on teaching Tang Soo Do. Of course they did....I wrote 1/4 of the test as Dan, with my permission, used my essays on history when he put the text together. It was originally part of a text I had written for the college course on Tang Soo Do I taught back in 1987 - 1988. Not long after that, I tossed the text and developed a newer student manual. By 1994, I had written my first well researched history of Tang Soo Do which was first published in Inside Taekwondo Magazine.

It is interesting to see how much I've learned since those early days.

Well...we all have to start somewhere. I just wish I could get these folks to stop posting this stuff and move on to the more accurate information that is out there. Say...like your own website!

JH

Re: More interesting hi-storey

JH,

Thats just too funny, I ran across the same thing, somebody had copied my whole history page,I knew it was my work because they didn't even fix my type Os which have been updated and corrected since, and when I ran across it I contacted them and was blown off!
some people, haha

b

Re: Re: More interesting hi-storey

Yeah. It's always amazes me how these types always want to argue with me about it. You'd think having the actual author of the material contact them would clue them in that they aren't the authority on the material.

Shhhheeeeesssh!

JH