Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Condolences

Grand Master Jae Joon Kim, head of the World Traditional Tang Soo Do Federation, passed away yesterday (1-9-07) from complications due to lymphoma. Grand Master Kim was one of the earliest students of Grand Master Hwang Kee and was one of the people most instrumental in the continuing development of Tang Soo Do. His passing is a loss to martial artists everywhere. Please join in extending condolences to Grand Master Kim’s family and students.

Re: Condolences

Though I havent trained w/ him in years, I have many fond memories of him. My condolences gou out to SBN Saul, Nam, & Eric Kim; & the rest of their familly, friends, loved ones, & students.

David Somers

Re: Re: Condolences

I have never trained with him, but we have spoken on the phone several times. He was always honest and straightforward when we spoke. He will be missed by many.
J Pistella

Re: Re: Re: Condolences

The passing of Supreme Grandmaster Jae Joon Kim will certainly be felt throughout the international martial arts community. In Europe, we at the Holland Tang Soo Do Organization send our deepest condolences to his family and friends. As Tang Soo Do family members we will strive to uphold his standards of excellence and his spirit for sharing the art. Tang Soo!

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do & Haedong Kumdo

Kim Jae Joon Obituary

This was sent by a friend that works at Tampa Tribune:

Here’s Kwan Jang Nim’s obituary, from The Tampa Tribune, Jan. 11, 2007.

KIM, Jae Joon, 77 of Brandon, entered into rest January 9, 2007. He had resided in the area for 20 years, coming from Detroit, Mich. He was a member of Spring Water Presbyterian Church and the grandmaster of World Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do Federation. He is survived by his loving wife, Kum Soon Yun; sons, Nam Kim, Saul Kim, Eric Kim; daughters, Myong Kim and husband, Soo, Shim Kim and husband, Frank; and 12 grandchildren. The family will receive friends 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., with the funeral service conducted 10-11 a.m., Thursday, January 11, 2007, at Stowers Brandon Chapel. Stowers-Brandon

RIP
David Somers

Re: Kim Jae Joon Obituary

I was not able to post a response to this before but I hope all of us have given a moment of silence for the loss of a great pioneer in the US Tang Soo Do movement.
b

Re: Re: Kim Jae Joon Obituary

Bernard,

I am no longer a member of WS, but was wondering if you can post his obituary there, & any other info you might wanna pass on about him?

David

Re: Condolences

Went there, but it is already posted

b