Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
traditional or not?

dear all,

long time no see bernard. Posted something on the board already buy here's a fresh lead for everyone to reply to. What are in YOUR concerns traditional forms. I mean, are those the ones we adopted to be 'traditional'. In my knowledge, I would state Ki Cho Hyung (3), pyung Ahn (5), Nai Hai Chi (3), Bassai (2), Sip Soo, Jindo, Ro Hai, Kong Sang Koon, Sei San, Wan Shu, Jion and O Sip Sa Bo as traditional, correct?? But what about Hwa Sun, So Rim Jang Kwon, Tae *** Kwan, Chil Sung (7), Yuk Ro (6), Ship Dan Khum (10). Although not long with us, should we accept them as 'traditional' because they have been based on the Moo Yei Dobo Tong Ji. And what about all the different weapons forms. My legacy is with wtsda )seperated with them a few years ago though) and I know 5 bong forms, 1 knife, 1 sword form. But traveling around, I see different Bong forms, different knife forms and different Sword forms. And not to mention the forms with the ji pang I, Ee Chul Bong, etc. What is traditional and what is not????

a confused guy from Europe.

ps: is (h)unsu to be found within Tang Soo Do?????

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

Re: traditional or not?

Hi my friend from Holland!

Sorry I was not around to kick your butt! haha

To your question , yes I think these are traditional forms:
Ki Cho Hyung (3), Pyang Ahn (5), Naihanji (3), Bassai (2), Sip Soo, Chinto, Ro Hai, Kong Sang Koon, Sei San, Wan Shu, Jion and O Sip Sa Bo as traditional, Hwa Sun, Chil Sung (7), Yuk Ro (6) I am sure there are others I missed?

b