Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
International Association of Korean Martial Arts - President: GM C. I. Kim

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know of a new association that has been put together for my instructor, Grand Master C. I. Kim. The name of the association is the International Association of Korean Martial Arts or IAKMA for short. Please feel free to visit the website for more information:

http://www.IAKMA.com/

I would like to extend an invitation to all traditional Korean Martial Artists to join the IAKMA.

This is very exciting time for those of us that have and continue to work on the IAKMA. I would like to send out a special thanks to all of those that have encouraged us to make this association a reality.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through Private Messages or e-mail.

Yours in Moo Do,
Patrick K.

Re: International Association of Korean Martial Arts - President: GM C. I. Kim

GM Kim is highly respected but I personally never heard of the other two people running the organization. Watching the site is sort of like going to a studio to join and there are no students there, personally I'd join a studio with lots of students and high motivation.

Does anyone know how many studios; Dan members and students belong to this association? What do they offer that is different then any other association? Is there studio management classes and organized leadership?

Jim
TSD

Martial Art Style TSD

Re: Re: International Association of Korean Martial Arts - President: GM C. I. Kim

We had 8 students when we opened our doors, but within a few years grew to 300+, and nine years later are still going strong. I'm glad those first 50 students didn't think along these terms! They liked what they were getting, we assume, regardless of how many others were on the floor.

On another note, I've seen large "McDojo" operations that have plenty of students but not a lot of substance nor personal attention. And I wouldn't join them just because they are "big".

Does that make sense? Guess what I'm saying is maybe your criteria for joining could be a bit broader.