Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kwan Dao Tournament

Mr. Redfield,
I just got this in an email, & thought you & the others on your board might be interested. Not sure how close you are, but good luck if you go.
Jack P.

I.T.G Presents 39 1/2 Lbs. Kwan Dao Competition and Martial Arts Gathering
TO ENTER:
You must first sign the waiver at the park and secondly, know a Kwan Dao form (Note: Form must have at least 10 spins) Acceptable Types of Spins: left or right spin, around the waist, around the neck, above the head, or behind the back
COST:
No charge to enter or to be a spectator.
This competition is I.T.G¢s way of saying thank you to all of our members, martial artists and customers for supporting us though the years. (Winner of the competition will walk away with a priceless one of a kind Kwan Dao) This Kwan Dao was the largest weapon made in China for over 150 years. It was hand-made by a father and son Sifu, who both also carved all of the intricate details into the blade. There truly is no other Kwan Dao like this one.
Millcreek Park in Willingboro, New Jersey (Located under State parks in NJ)
DATE:
November 10th, 2007 (Rain date: November 11th, 2007)
START TIME:
10:30 am (Lion Dance) followed by Martial Arts Demonstrations
FOOD:
There will be a food stand with Burgers, Hot Dogs, Wings and Ice Cold drinks to purchase or you can bring your own food
Please e-mail or call to enter the competition with the following information: Name, Instructor, Years of practice with Kwan Dao, Address, Health Condition, Phone Number, Age and Date of Birth (must be 18yrs old or older to enter). You are also welcome to demonstrate a form of your choice if chosen by the community. Please forward this email to your friends and family, so they can come and participate, cheer, or just have a nice chat with their martial art brothers and sisters.
If you would like to see a picture of the Kwan Dao, there is a picture of it located on the I.T.G website: www.itg8.com

Re: Kwan Dao Tournament

Hi Jack,

That looks like a lot of fun, It would be great to be able to go, I will be in Poughkeepsie for the 6th Hudson Valley TSD Championships on the 2nd, I don't know if I can make it back up north for the 10th, thanks for the info, will you be going??

b

Re: Re: Kwan Dao Tournament

No, I will not be, I have other commitments. I just remembered you do a mean kwan dao form & thought you might be interested. Hope things are going well with you. Will try to email you soon to talk more
Jack