Haynes Family Forum

This Forum is to help people trying to find their ancestors.

Haynes Family Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Haynes - England, Help Please

I am researching family. Know they are from Helpson, Northhampton and Deeping, Lincoln, England. Got back as far As William marrying Eleanor Brown at Kings Cliffe 23 August 1824. Any help appreciated. William's son William married Elizabeth Lake. My grandfather John Henry one of 5 children .His wife Mary Louise Shillaker married Mar 6 1899. Others are James William, Jonathon Lake, Ann Taylor, Sarah. Help!!

Re: Haynes - England, Help Please

So far have not been able to find any links to our tree but will keep looking.

Geoff

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am researching family. Know they are from Helpson, Northhampton and Deeping, Lincoln, England. Got back as far As William marrying Eleanor Brown at Kings Cliffe 23 August 1824. Any help appreciated. William's son William married Elizabeth Lake. My grandfather John Henry one of 5 children .His wife Mary Louise Shillaker married Mar 6 1899. Others are James William, Jonathon Lake, Ann Taylor, Sarah. Help!!

Re: Re: Haynes - more research

I have been researching. So far have found out GGGgrandfather James (no info yet) had son William married Eleanor Brown and Kings Cliffe Northampton on 23 August 1824. One son I know of born between April 1825 and April 1826. Married Elizabeth (maybe Lake). Five children James William, Jonathan Lake, John Henry (my grandfather), Ann Taylor and Sarah Haynes. Great grandfather William farmed 219 acres of land at Deeping St James. He was born in Helpson Northampton (may now be Cambridgeshire). Moved to Deeping St James, Lincolnshire. John Henry married Mary Louise Shillaker in 1899. Three children Mary Edith, William Henry (my father) and Cyril (born in Canada). Grandfather brought family to Canada around 1904. I am one of seven children with one deceased. Aunt Edith and Uncle Cyril had no children. My mother is Jessie Watt Laing.

Any connections?

Replying to:

So far have not been able to find any links to our tree but will keep looking.

Geoff

Replying to:

The district you mention is probably Stamford, Lincs.
Helpston and Kings Cliff.
There are Haynes living in that area, they are in the telephone directory.
You should write a letter to the Stamford Mercury, Stamford,Lincs, PE9, England

i also am a Haynes and intrigued to find out about my family tree i am also from Northampton my grandfather was an Alan Haynes and my grandmother was called joyce Ethel Haynes still trying to find out her maiden name my gran and grandad had seven children ivor,mick,janet,mervyn,arther(deceased),peter(deceased)and my father robin haynes if you have anything what could help me with finding out more about my family please email me thanks

Here is another twist to the Haynes family tree i do believe that the Haynes surname is Irish, but somewhere along the line a small group of well merchant men travel to Jamaica. It would be nice to see which Mr Haynes was in Jamaica trading their business as a black man this has made me very curious to see where the name come from and the links from the past.The Haynes family originaly come from Manchester south west of jamaica and then some move towards clarendon and St Thomas to the East of the island about 50 miles past Kingston the Capital, There are some Haynes who live in Spanish Town and Kingston itself My direct line is from The Haynes family who live in St Thomas Acadia District my Grandfather was called Abraham Haynes who was mixed descent My father was called Harold Herbert Henry Haynes, and had a elder brother called Alphanso Haynes and a sister called Delrose Haynes Our Great Great Grand father Mother name was First Annie Lewis Who come from Guinee in West Africa as a slave then her name changed to Annie Haynes, we dont know the great grandfather name then the trace goes dead from there.
As a black Haynes we are very creative thinkers when it comes to running business as some members are successful businessmen including myself. When my father came to england in the late Forties he work as a tunnel engineer that job alone he work as a foreman
and knew his job inside out and was one of a few blackmen who didnt work in the factories hospital or buses which had a shortage of labour in these fields.As previous stated it would be very nice to see the Haynes links and im am very proud of my jamaican background please get in touch if you know how to search the tree properly. #
Thanking you Kindly
Henry Haynes