Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Does everybody work with MC

Hey Ian:

Keep your chin up my friend, I know how it feels to be told that you are limited. When I was first diagnosed with MC at age 5 the Doctor told my mother that I would be in a wheelchair by the age of twelve, HUH don't think so Doc. My whole life I have played competitive sports ( with preparation there is nothing you can't do) I am now 31 and I am a Elevator Tech by trade, my job requires me to climb stairs all day long because if the elevator is broken the only way to the top is the stairs LOL. I still play soccer and go to the gym atleast 5 days a week, I am a avid hiker and have climbed a few mountains as well. I find that the more I sit around the worse my MC is, directly after working out or exercising there is a bit of muscle fatigue but I am sure that applies to people with out MC, I say this not to say look at me ! But to say get out there enjoy your life and do what you want not what some Doctor tells you!! You are a special person to have what you have and there is somebody out there that can learn from you and someday probably make their life better because you stepped out of the box and lived your life!! Keep your chin up and get out and do what you want to do, only you know your limitations don't let someone else set them for you.....my msn is johnrobia@hotmail.com if you ever want to talk.

Cheers
John