Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For Those Using Quinine - Becker's or Thomsen's MC?

I had similar problems getting on and off the bus at a young age too, I used to tell people that Frankenstine was a relative of mine in elementary school when people would ask what was wrong LOL

Re: For Those Using Quinine - Becker's or Thomsen's MC?

getting on the bus after school, with all those strangers potentially looking at me, was the bane of my childhood. i acted like an absolute fool in order not to freeze up while climbing those dreaded huge steps - when i saw the bus coming, i'd start dancing around like a total idiot. and getting off the bus wasn't that much better, except that i was very strong, and could hang by my arms if need be! fortunately, there are plenty of 'unusual' people in New York City, so i probably wasn't as much the center of attention as i feared. lois

Re: Re: For Those Using Quinine - Becker's or Thomsen's MC?

LOL I am sure everyone on here has experienced thia as we have. We need to laugh about our creativity. and I am glad to hear other stories of the same. No point in allowing it to give you nightmares or that deep down feeling of stress, stress will kill us worse than medication and Cancer combined