Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: quinine substitute

I have not tried it yet still waiting for an appojntment looking forward to it though........I am really happy to hear that it is working out for you

John

Re: Re: Re: Re: quinine substitute

Yes, I did receive my shipment of quinine about a week and a half ago. (Exercise did help me manage better without the medicine; it kept me a bit more limber.) I'm taking 600 mg per day which is standard for me and it is working fine. I still have early morning stiffness which I always did but the quinine seems to take about an hour to kick in which is manageable. The downside with the medication is its tablet form. I have been experiencing a bit of nausea and an upset stomach in the morning for a couple of hours after I take it. Never had that problem with capsules. I'm taking it with milk, which seems to help, and trying to stagger the dosage when my schedule allows. All in all, I am VERY THANKFUL for United Pharmacies and hope that their supply doesn't run out!