Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Dr. Appt Tomorrow

I take it with breakfast,lunch,supper and before I go to bed(8,12,5 and 11), I try an hold off as long as I can before I go to bed as it is the longest period of time between doses as long as I stay consistent I feel incredible.
I know you have been told before Jan but I don't think you can hear enough of how much it is appreciated that you have put this site together and the work you do to keep it running

Re: Re: Dr. Appt Tomorrow

HI John... Do you live in Halifax? I am so envious!!! I love Nova Scotia! I spent A LOT of time there. Westjet has good prices so I go back and forth a lot and stay with friends while I am there. I went to Nova Scotia 4 times in 2006 alone and then was just there for 2 weeks in Feb. The east coast rocks!!! :)

I am moving to halifax (hopefully!) in september. I live in Kamloops, BC right now. In Feb me and a friend went to the ECMA's ... and OMG did we ever have an amazing time!!! But I have always wanted to move to NS.... while I was there in Feb I was there for 2 weeks. While we were there, we REALLY enjoyed the festivites (lol!), and I confirmed employment and a place to live. I am going back agian in June for a couple of weeks, just to make sure that everything is set up to go, and also to go to the Tattoo in July. I will be taking a 6 month LOA from my job here in BC in Sept, just to make sure I can support myslef financially in NS as I will be making a lot less there than I do here, and really the cost of living will be about the same for me as I will be living in metro.

Is that doctor taking any new patients? I know it is a little early to be checking, but I am just curious. And where is he? And also... kind of a stupid question.... but when I am there would you like to go for coffee? I have never talked to anyone with MC before, except my dad. And he has a much more mild form of it than I do, so I cant really talk about it with him.... cuz, well... being the over protective father he is... I hope you know what I mean. lol! And he doesnt take medication for it at all, actually he only found out that I do this last week with this crazy flare up! But I would just love to talk to someone with the same experiences. If you actually live in HRM that is...

cheers ....
Twila

Type of Myotonia: twyness@hotmail.com,3

Re: Re: Re: Dr. Appt Tomorrow

Twila I would love to meet you for a coffee anytime!! I have never met anyone with MC either. I think he would see new patients as what we have is pretty rare. N.S. is a great place to live I love it here and will stay here for ever (with a place down south too LOL). Do you need to stay in the Metro area or can you stay just outside as the price of living drops a bit....most places just outside have public transportation and the city is very accessable I live 15 mins out in Tantallon, by the way Dr. David King is on Dresden row just off Spring Garden.

Look forward to meeting you
Cheers
John Robia

P.S. you can check my space on facebook if you want