Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: to make you laugh

I used to tell kids in grade primrary that my grandfather was Frankenstein, thats why I walked like that LOL

Re: to make you laugh

So folks...you all make such good points. Maybe "disorder" IS the wrong word! Perhaps our genes mutated to handle the need at the time. My grandfather lived on the Baltic Sea in Poland. I believe he was a fisherman, but don't know why he spoke 7 languages. I too can imagine that the strong grip was helpful in catching those fish. I still laugh when I think of my older brother with huge muscles sitting at the pool as a lifeguard while the girls crowded around him. We could never understand how he got those muscles, since he never lifted a finger to earn them!! Speaking of mutating to meet a need....I think also of my husband who said his last name comes from the "king's foresters" who had to be on guard and listen carefully in the forest for encroaching enemies. He claims his big ears must have come from that!! Mary