Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: If You Appreciate This Forum...

Hi Jan,

I am so sorry to hear about what you are being faced with. Please try to keep smiling as best you can. As for your post, I am so there with you. I won't let my child read anymore because I don't think smoking pot is the end all. Nor, do I think drugs are the answer. We are doing fine, like you without drugs. Diet changing has worked. But, we respect people who take drugs for their MC...legally.

Jan, sadly, you have given your life to MC and you have helped so many people. I say sadly because you must have neglected your loved ones in order to fulfill your passion for others...and teaching them about MC that nobody else cares about...that is as clear as day.

You are a great lady, I could never walk in your shoes. But like the Footprints message from GOD, when HE is there and walks with us at times of pain, you have done the same by all you have done for this forum, for the medical profession. You have given your entire heart to MC...my child thanks you and so does his parent.

Thanks for your responses and encouragement!

Jan

Re: Re: If You Appreciate This Forum...

I wish I could tell you how much you helped me in so many ways, you allow me to make hard decisions base on my daily life, especially when it comes to family & friends we who do have MC are finding all kinds of concerns but forget that we for the most part become a rock of great source in our daily endeavors to others, Jan remember the other parts of your soul, being a mom, care giver most important getting older, I just celebrated my 49th birthday & boy if it wasn't for all of your responses I for along time thought I was going to die. We put to much on this condition relax and take care of yourself, slow down allow someone else to take some of the issues I DID and it's great. GOD BLESS you all

Absolutely keep it going. Although your mother certainly would come first. I posted a response to a guy about the use of cannabis, which I didn't even know what cannabis was. Hopefully my comments weren't out of line, and if they were I apologize. I agree to keep it clean. Thanks for your integrity.
Tim