Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taurine

Well taurine is not what I wanted it to be, the only thing that it really helps is not being so stiff after a workout...but I'll take what I can get.

Re: Taurine

Sorry it's not working better. In theory it should help considerably, but perhaps it doesn't target the exact problem we see with the chloride channel defect.

Jan

Re: Re: Taurine

With MC you must stay in a certain level of physical activties, try this test if you walk for 30 minutes see how you feel, if I'm right you then rest for 20 minutes (cool-down period) get up either from sitting or laying you'll experience fatique, stiffness and possible soreness in your joints, at least this is what I went threw, lifting, walking , running must be spreaded out though-out the day, slower pace & medication you are able to feel more comfortable though out the day, like me my problems begin in the mornings after inmoblity for last 7-8 hours. try it and see what you could handle, get back to me.

any other alternative long-term alternative medicine that you would suggest?

Hello Ethan.

I'm thinking of giving the taurine a try. What other effects were you hoping for? Did it not provide help with stiffness during the actual workout (but only after?)?

I ask because I'm wondering if it might be an effective temporary short-term thing, that I'd take only when I was heading out to play sports, or some other activity where I specifically wanted to stay loose.

Adam

Well I play hockey, and I play goalie. Sometimes If I make a save and have to move weirdly, I might stiff'in up. I just sorta wanted the "attacks" in a game to lower, but sometimes I have no attacks and sometimes I do, when I'm usually on my belie. (and that is the most time I can't move when I would be on my belie.)