Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what happend!

Jan, Fibromyalgia keeps coming up with regards to fluroquin adr's. What is so similar that this forum addresses this issue also? It just seems that everywhere I look and turn fluroquins adverse reactions and MC have so much in common.

Thanks for sharing your experience - eventually there will be lawsuits settled and many of the drugs will be pulled, but in the meantime the companies are trying to make as much money as they can. They'll still have plenty of profit even after they pay the settlements.

I think the reason it's seen related to fibromyalgia is because one of the major causes of FM is hypermobility syndrome. That predisposes someone to dislocations of joints and there is usually a defect in connective tissues like tendons and ligaments. So that is another class of people who are very susceptible to the damage done by these drugs.

Jan

Not to sure what "Mandible" is but pending your daily activies you maybe able to adjust within your lifestyle, all physical activies should be evaluated, climbing stairs, walking, lifting so far I've notice that MC is seasonable I've been diagnosed when I was 17 now at 49 I've manage to adjust my daily actities, clearing paths in my house, walking slower, give yourself more time to do more, the therory in my mind is your body acts alot more older than we care to admit, we are stress, frustrated and the fact that most of us stuffer other symptoms as well, me I have degenerate disk in my neck, it's painful & my stiffness is my least problem, take it easy see meds from nerologist.

Tim - You're right about that! I am 57 years old, and my MC (even though I did not learn that this is what was wrong until I was 54) has been like a slow but very precarious roller-coaster all my life. I have had periods that were so bad that I could barely move until I was really warmed up, and other times, sometimes for months or even a few years, where the symptoms were relatively mild and manageable. My childhood, teens and early 20's were just horrendous (?hormones?), then my later 20's were tolerable, etc. We just have to keep our wits and our sense of humor! Lois