Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Has anyone been to MDA Summer Camp?

Hi Beth,
Your children will love the camp. I, personally, worked for MDA and I can tell you that they took great pride in providing the best summer program services for kids. They are top of the line and the care in impeccable. To make sure, I called my best friend since childhood who also worked at MDA and she contacted someone who left NY and went to Arizona and is still with them. She said, that yes the camps are still top of the line. Funny, I worked with the person in charge of telethon and carnivals and another friend who I am still friends with worked right next to me on Summer Camps. On a funny note, I hope Jerry is still not Red crazy. I have to tell you that everything was red in his office and where the two executive secretaries sat, they had red typewriters...no joke. I might of told this story before but the funniest thing was I was taking dictation at a board meeting with doctors, Jerry HIMSELF, all big wigs and I was only 18. I was shaking and mad that the two executive secretaries called out and I had to take minutes for this meeting. I didn't get one word down. After a few minutes they asked me to look and tell them what was said and I looked at my steno pad and it was pretty much blank. I showed them it and ran out of the room...FAST. Beth, you have to promise to tell us how your children enjoyed camp.

Re: Re: Has anyone been to MDA Summer Camp?

Oh,I certainly will let everyone know----they dont go until June. So, it will be awhile before my response on that.My girls are already asking if their friends can come along too.

Re: Has anyone been to MDA Summer Camp?

Hi Beth,
I started going to MDA camp as a camper in 5th grade and continued to go every year, volunteering as a camp counselor as an adult. MDA camp is amazing. It has had such a huge impact on my life. When i was younger, camp was the only thing that made me feel "normal". I have lifetime friendships as a result, and I feel like going to camp empowered me and has shaped who i am as an adult in so many ways. I went with my sisters who have mc as well. (your girls will be in the same cabin because they are so close in age.) They are going to love it!