Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RE: DO I HAVE ANOTHER DIAGNOSIS IN ADDITION TO MC THOMSEN

Hi Judy,
I see many people have jumped in to give you support, encouragement and advice. That's what this group is about. We all matter and are important to each other.

I am sorry I asked you about whether or not you ever took Cipro, Leviquin, Factive, Avelox, etc (quinolone drugs). I just knew when I read what you wrote that you had to of. While your symptons could be from a different cause, I saw a correlation without even knowing you took the drugs.

Just so you know, I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel by the nerve conduction test and I had symptons. Actually, when I went to my son's neurologist for the pain I was having he decided that he would give me the same test he gave my son just to be sure I was not also suffering with Myotonia Congentia. I was not. I wore a brace for a few months and nothing has happened in almost 2 years. I know the carpel diagnosis was from the drugs and not a true carpel tunnel diagnosis. As for Fibromyalgia, Jan is right lots of people don't believe it exists. Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis that many who take the quinolones and are floxed (poisoned) by the drug are diagnosed with.

In addition, pain meds are quite frequently stated not to be of much help to people who were floxed (poisoned) by quinolones. Tinnitis like I said is a reaction to quinolones and many other things like Jan mentioned, however, people tend to think Tinnitis happens for all the other reasons and it seems most I talk to have taken quinolones. I thought my tinnitus was from wax build up...went to the doctor and no wax...then I figured old age. Tinnitis is really hard to deal with because the noise is mind boggling.

Insomnia is another side affect but you can easily attribute that to menopause and other things. People also get anxiety and panic attacks. This happened to me. I had two panic episodes before I knew I was floxed (poisoned). I attributed it to maybe someone giving me regular coffee instead of decaf. I'm hoping you get what I am trying to say. I simply used every excuse in the book and never thought the drug could be doing all this to me. Well, I got a rude awakening when I was on the pavement of the floor feeling like I was burning to death, scratching like crazy, faint, dizzy and finally collapsed. I made it to the hospital in time. I took Avelox and since I never related the warnings of Cipro, Leviquin and Factive...Avelox was deadly for me.

I really think you should research the quinolone drugs on the internet and make certain that they are not the culprit. Again, sorry I brought it up...but I knew you took the poison.