Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blimey - Sorry

I really didn't mean to offend anyone and have the utmost respect for Jan and everything she has contributed with regards to this disease that I have.

Its the first time I have posted here in around two years - maybe more

Sorry - I haven't read any responses that may have been deleted

I was just telling the truth from my own perspective. I may well be wrong and deluding myself

Sorry & Goodbye

I won't trouble you again

Charlie

Re: Blimey - Sorry

Charlie,

Yours was just the most recent in a series of posts that violated the terms of use and I was not trying to single you out personally. I have to put out reminders from time to time and much goes on behind the scenes since my private e-mail address is published on the forum.

You didn't offend me, I'm just trying to get visitors to stick to the rules and as I recall it was mentioned before when you posted. As I said in my reply to you before I deleted the post, I'm all for seeing a targeted drug developed based on the compound that stimulates the chloride channel but so far no one has been able to do it and eliminate all the undesireable compounds.

I wish someone would start a forum on Yahoo or another easily accessed group format where all these things can be discussed among adults. But my site is geared toward families including children with MC and I just don't feel the topic is appropriate.

Jan

Re: Blimey - Sorry

The problem with even the most clinical and rational discussions of something like that is that others will come along and add their 2 cents, and then their experiences, and then it becomes a free-for-all, and usually quite political and polarized. The people on this forum really do need some very pragmatic and practical basic information, and once they've learned the basics, if they choose to research more off-the-beaten-path modalities, they can go to other sites where those things may be appropriate. For us, it just works best this way, and also keeps out potential nuts, or ringers! : ) lois