Return to Website

Myotonia Congenita Forum

This forum has been closed for comments.  You can still search archived messages.

Visit  the Non-Dystrophic Myotonias  Facebook Group

Myotonia Congenita Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Photo Album

Lois,
You are beautiful inside and out. Keep smiling pretty. And, most importantly, remember the fragrance always stays with the hand that gives the rose. You give the rose.

Jan, I hope you are doing super:):):)

well...mcboarder, you are a poet and a gentleman... what a lovely and beautiful thing to say! Thank you - i'm (for once!) speechless! (sputtering!) lois

OK all you regulars - if I could swallow my pride and fear, and stick my mug on there, you can, too!! Let's see some of your happy, terrified faces! c'mon... Lois

kudos to jan for starting a photo album!...as some of you may recall, i started a yahoo group for the same purpose a few years back...the idea was to give our myotonia "cousins" a place to see each others' photos and thus further solidify and enhance the bond we have...after all, knowing what someone looks like is significant in maintaining and adding to the quality of a relationship...but the group was a dismal failure!...why?...because people are fraught with all kinds of fears about "exposing" themselves...fear of how they look...fear of what others will think...fear of their employer finding out they have a neurological disorder...etc...i'm not disparaging people for being fearful, just pointing out the fact that they are...i appreciate the three ladies who already have posted photos...lois's urgings for others to post their photos reminds me so much of my own pleas when i had the yahoo group...i tried to encourage people for years to post to it...it didn't work...maybe jan's photo album will...i hope so.

Tim, I don't think the problem had to do with fear. I had a tough time logging in and using the site and I'm sure others did, too.

When I set this group up I did it without requiring passwords and registration and that has made a big difference. Of course you're taking some risks by not having the control, but I was more interested in access, especially since we have so many visitors from other countries who would not want to sign up for accounts.

So far I haven't had too much trouble with spam or obnoxious posts. When I have, they have been addressed and dealt with quickly and I hope my strict policing of the site doesn't scare away potential posters :-)

Jan

So Tim - You gonna join us? : ) lois

yes, i uploaded three photos...i presume jan now has to place them in my timjoe album.

Peek-a-boo, Jim - I see you! "The Breakfast Club"?
You got some fancy muscles there, dude! : )

I have good and bad news. The good news is the photo album is great and all the pictures are beautiful. The bad news is I failed the "Dumb Test" that was attatched to the photo album.

Re: Re: Photo Album

I just uploaded mine, I guess they just need to be transfered to my folder by Jan.

dumb test?

i am pleased to see our myotonia cousins placing photos of themselves in the forum photo album...i'll be adding more...hope you all participate.

i LOVE everyone's pictures! thank you, you handsome devils and beautiful women! Thomas - you look very dramatic. Tim - I love having another "Boomer" around. You look like you were a rabble-rousing young journalist. Re the drums - my husband was a real, honest-to-goodness rock'n'roll musician as a job... not too many of them around. He plays bass, sings bass and 2nd tenor. The best known band, and the one that still has a fan club and awaits a reunion - take a look at www.bigedsel.com - you might get a kick out of it! Doo-wop and oldies. Lois

yep, i'm a boomer and indeed i was a rabble-rousin' journalist...got me in a lot of trouble, of course...really enjoyed the bigedsel site...very well done...it'll be interesting to see how many other of our myotonia cousins post their photos...i'm not optimistic...prove me wrong, folks.

Jill - You are beautiful and adorable... and your husband is a nut - and I love it. You guys look like delightful folks! Lois

As soon as i work out how to send a picture or two to jan's e-mail..i may have to wait for Daniels help, you'll be seeing an English mc cousin's boat race! (that's cockney rhyming slang for face)

Re: Photo Album - Uploading Photos

If you go to the photo album, then click on upload photos, that will put them in a holding folder. I get notified by e-mail and can move them into your album.

It's been fun seeing the pictures!

Jan

so far, the photo of jill and her husband is the most interesting one of the lot.

;-<

nice pics of Ethan. is that a little chocolate lab pup? lois

Yep! He is a lot bigger now it has been about three months now!

whoops sorry for the grammer... wasn't thinking

grammar. never forget - i am the spelling police. lol

Barb - Thanks for posting photos, but, say - don't you think you could possibly have taken them from a bit farther away? One can ALMOST see your face!!! LOL! lois

i've been sussed,i'll get Daniel to take a better one of me to post,in subdude candle light,with a filter over the len's...that's Daniel by the way with Stephanie his girlfriend....I was just so pleased i got it to work,..did it all by my self..

what is "sussed"?

Found out.